2nd AAU live period

I think Few is probably a better regarded offensive coach. He also has a lot of tape on guys similar to Traudt that he got to the league. We seem to excel in recruitments where we have that clear comp. Hauser should help

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong I agree with you it would be very frustrating to lose him to a late arriving Gonzaga offer. And I don’t really understand HOW they’ve transformed their recruiting stature so rapidly. But they have. So now they are another program we have to hope stays away from our targets.

FWIW I’m still in the camp that feels great about Traudt.

2 Likes

Is Cupps a pure point guard or combo?

1 Like

Not Michigan?

1 Like

Definitely was going to ask the same question.

Gonzaga is heavy on Nike today for Jaden Bradley so I think we are safe there on the Traudt end for now.

1 Like

Some here may disagree, but I don’t think a recruit can be “stolen” from one school by another. If there is a late-arriving offer which a prospects accepts, he was probably waiting for such an offer all along. Furthermore, if a fanbase imagines that they were in the lead for a recruit, and he commits elsewhere, perhaps he viewed his relationship with the first school as “settling”. Bottom line for Virginia fans: there’s some nice talent on the current squad. UVa is involved with some highly touted prospects. Coach Bennett will sign the necessary players to sustain Virginia’s success. Fretting over one or two recruits, who are 16 or 17 years-old, will only give your ulcers, or, in the case of a fortunate few, drive you to drink.

1 Like

Dude this is a recruiting specific thread on a recruiting intense website lol it’s the entire point of its existence!

12 Likes

Pure as they get

6 Likes

Of course we will be fine long run as long we get 3-4 top 100 kids regardless of who they are (like 2016) and maybe a 3 star/unranked redshirt prospect. But following recruiting is fun.

5 Likes

Bennett just finished watching Robert Jennings. That’s the 3rd or 4th time since last week. Parts of his game are rough. He has really good moments and then does things that make you shake your head. But the effort is always there and and he’s as swithcable as any PF you’ll find.

7 Likes

How tall is he, would you guess? I love his game and his potential as a prospect.

The last 3 national champions (Us Nova Baylor) all went small ball down the line (6’8 or shorter bigs in crunch time) but it would be nice if he was more 6’7/6’8 than 6’5/'6’6.

His skillset remind me of Jayden Gardener’s highlights but also athletic/rim protector with some major dunks and already having range to the three point line

reposting old clips
https://www.instagram.com/p/CIJLKN-jtdc/

2 Likes

Rational discussion need not include fiction and despair, and there are apparently some who see tragedy in a recruit not picking Virginia. :slight_smile:

Jennings, I’d say he’s a legit 6’7.

And it’s time to take Amadou seriously as a potential 2022 recruit, imo. He’s in competition with Jennings, etc for the same spot.

https://twitter.com/wceua/status/1416087826542776328

2 Likes

Bond article from Milwaukee paper. Behind a paywall for me? but Marquette board says he plans to decide in next few weeks and he’s good friends w 21 commit David Joplin.

https://www.jsonline.com/restricted/?return=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.jsonline.com%2Fstory%2Fsports%2Fcollege%2Fmarquette%2F2021%2F07%2F16%2Fleon-bond-talks-marquette-basketball-visit-and-recruitment%2F7989679002%2F

2 Likes

Bond’s event in Louisville. Wes Miller will be there.

Can see the intrigue behind Amadou but also how he 100% needs a redshirt. Dude’s lanky: He moves more mobile than Mamadi Diakite at this stage but also might be even more raw than mamadi at the same stage.

I actually was going to do it. I was going to pay for the stream for the Isaac Traudt vs Team Curry game. And then I go and see it’s $20. Not for the entire weekend. Not even for all games today. But $20 only for the stream of a specific court for the day.

Ummmmm excuse WTF?

4 Likes

It’s all courts for the day but yeah.

Saw TB for a bit watching BMaze 16U. They have a 2023 guard named Blue Cain. He sports a Kyle Guy like top knot.

1 Like

Nice. Does he sport the off balance, turn around, fade away, .002 second release three point shot too?

1 Like