2nd scholastic live period 6/25-6/27

This is the first report we’ve gotten so far. Bennett is down in Georgia today.

Interesting game for him to show up at. He’s watching 2022 Fayette (GA) forward Kaleb Banks. Indiana, Alabama, Georgia Tech are all heavily involved with him.

2 Likes

It’s especially interesting because the game of the day is going on simultaneously between Pace (GA) and Gray (SC). A couple wings involved there UVA has interest in, Josh Reed for Pace and 2023 Brandon Gardner for Gray. So TB really wanted to see Banks.

He’s actually already seen Reed in the noon game from what I just heard.

4 Likes

That does make it interesting

Is Tony still expected to fly out to Texas tonight for Nunez and Jennings? I know coaches are all over the place, and I remember hearing how Juwan Howard was in Kentucky scouting Reed Sheppard and then then like 4 hours later he’s in Chicago. But that seems like much.

1 Like

He’ll be at GA for at least today. TX tomorrow I assume. I expected TX tonight but nah. Can see Nunez play twice tomorrow, so maybe that’s it.

2 Likes

Backfilling TB’s game logs. From a scout there on the ground “He’s been on court 8” That leads me to a couple under the radar 2022 guys that have mentioned UVA at various times.

Weddington (NC) guard 1:00pm game

And Lake Highland (FL) wing 2:00pm game

2 Likes

New names. To youtube I go.

3 Likes

RaiQuan Gray redux.

Yup. Athlete who can shoot the three.

Has Sensabaugh been mentioned with UVa prior to now? His name rings a bell for some reason.

1 Like

Nate Oates also at this game with Tony. Ew. Wonder what he thinks when he sees a high schooler shooting a midrange jumper

Thankful for Trent down there. He’s the only media there who seems to understand half the story is sitting in the front row. Anyway…

Again, TB is spurning the higher profile matchup in the gym to see some lesser knowns. Chambers (NC) has 2023 PG Jaylen Curry with an early FSU offer. And another under the radar 2022 forward who UVA has been to see before, Daniel Sanford.

2 Likes

Highlights from last year but still impressive. 6’8 athlete who can hit an open 3. Not sure if he’s a wing or the wilkins/glue guy they are looking for.

There are so many underrated guys in this class. Will be interesting to see if this makes Midmajors even better or if they all transfer in a year. They can’t ALL transfer…
https://www.instagram.com/p/B58E5F6JAAA/

I mean the logo though

4 Likes
2 Likes

Curious as to how CTB travels from site to site. Private jet?

1 Like

I’m almost certain it’s the Greyhound

4 Likes

Yep usually has a private jet for the weekend. Same for all these major head coaches.

3 Likes

6’8 with a 7’2 wingspan :flushed:

5 Likes

TB stayed on the same court for Brandon Gardner in the next game. I think he might have left after that.

Nope, he was still on the same court for the 7pm game. 2023 PG Isaiah Collier for Wheeler.