2nd scholastic live period 6/25-6/27

Last set of games down there. 2022 forward Chauncey Wiggins for Grayson.

2 Likes

I was just talking to Trent. He said Coach Williford is there in GA too. That’s him watching Wiggins. Bennett had already left. He said they really liked Jaylen Curry, the '23 PG from NC.

3 Likes

Yea I do too. Checked out some of his videos. Good shooter with some heads up passing. Is Tony trying to find a hidden gem today? I’m sort of lost

This is the first time in over a year a lot of the 2022 and 2023 class are playing. They are all hidden gems. Also guys that staff has probably been in touch with for a while but not announced on twitter.

There are multiple 3 star/unranked kids with better offer sheets than top 50 kids. Rankings mean squat even more this year.

4 Likes

Oh he was definitely checking out some lesser known guys today. Hard to know what’s purposeful and what’s sort of filling empty time slots though. That’s a difference between these weekends and AAU where there’s always someone in the building they’re interested in playing.

1 Like
6 Likes

Yup…makes sense why he is interested in this guy…got that hunter look…but I didn’t see his defense in the highlights…

1 Like

He’s got the athletic ability to be good defensively!

If we ever do recruit Cam Whitmore, the zoom visit just needs to be Justin Anderson showing Whitmore Anderson’s top 10 plays at UVA, the clip of him standing over Justice Winslow, and then a powerpoint slide of his career earnings.

3 Likes

Nunez with the step back 3. Not sure if that’s a move he can pull off in ACC play but looks confident out there.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CQj91-7DfM7/

1 Like

Game film of Nunez’s game yesterday. You can probably watch the first two minutes and get the jist or click around and watch 30 second snippets. He plays a lot so not likely to miss him with this method.

3 Likes

Bennett is up in CT for the New England Prep Showcase. Watching Kyle Filipowski in the 9am game here.

You need a decoder to figure out the schedule up there. It’s crazy. There’s several 2022 guys to watch. Big guard Desmond Claude plays at 12. He’s starting to catch on recruiting wise. PG Rowan Brumbaugh had a good day there yesterday, mentioned UVA. And although there’s no sign of UVA involvement, TB is surely getting a look right now at big man Dom Campbell, a major spring blowup. A couple 2023 Brewster guys in the 1pm game, Reid Ducharme and Taylor Bowen.

1 Like

Elephant in the room. Are we surprised CTB or an assistant in TX yet? Or do we think he’ll be there tonight?

Williford still down in GA watching Josh Reed

1 Like

Just not seeing what the attraction is with this guy.

1 Like

That’s the question, Johnny lol Getter is down there, fwiw. Nunez plays at 4pm and 7:30pm local time… No Sunday games.

https://twitter.com/HamiltonESPN/status/1408778605082071043

2 Likes

looks to be slower less dynamic Travis Best who struggles to shoot so…

At least he’s not tall, so there’s that

Virginia : “They’ve just shown love throughout this whole crazy year. They’ve shown love and haven’t even seen me play in person. I have a lot of respect for them from that standpoint and coach Bennett and what he sees in me just off of video. That’s really good coming from because they say he’s really hard people and evaluating them.

4 Likes

More Importantly when does Robert Jennings play?