2nd scholastic live period 6/25-6/27

Jennings plays at 5pm and 9am tomorrow.

1 Like

OH SNAP Colin Smith is back in the picture too? Is this window dressing? Cam Whitmore and Colin Smith were names we heard as the first ones to be reached out to on June 15th last year and then nothing. Thank god for vaccines and live summer events.

1 Like

I can’t believe I wasted a year on this damn website HA. Did help kill time during covid/working from home/helping me take my mind off things while supporting my mom during her chemo treatments post surgery.

3 Likes

Colin Smith dunking on Robert Jennings.

Colin Smith has been a personal favorite of mine but seems like he is an Isaac Traudt alternative. Much more a Big guard at the 4 spot/not really a perimeter player. But I love his game.

2 Likes

I’m just lost lol. With us apparently bailing on Nunez I guess we’re in a complete reset. With all the 23 pg we keep sniffing around I wonder if we pass on a 22 pg all together and just grab another combo? I still have no idea how we plan to use 2,3,4 more schollys this year with literally no serious (public) targets outside of Traudt. Nunez fading, Taylor going elsewhere and Bobi radio silence. Those are our other offers…

2 Likes

Its a weird recruiting cycle. Most 2022s havent even begun their recruitments yet. Taylor wasn’t going to be a Hoo once McKneely committed and Bobi was gone once we got Igor. We are starting to get some more names revealed of players theyve probably been in contact with. A lot going on us fans don’t know about. Ill panick in October but I figure a few offers will fly out once peach jam is over.

Ball Handler, McKneely, wing, Traudt, Powerforward, Center

2 Likes

I mistakenly read that as Robert Smith dunks on…

I’d like to see Robert Smith dunk on anyone. I’m 100% sure he’d play for team blouses though.

3 Likes

Looks like of his list, only Tony and Oregon have not offered. And we know the Ducks are always just window dressing….

If we have any actual interest, seems like we’ll be fighting from behind. But good to see us included as it means there’s at least still interest from him.

2 Likes

Philly Live. 2023 PF Akil Watson

Safe to say this weekend was 100% about evaluation rather than trying to show love to any already identified targets?

2 Likes

I’m curious about this as well. Why aren’t. we bird doging 22s? Seen more names of 23s

They haven’t been able to see recruits live in 16 months folks. Makes perfect sense to be scouting a large group at this point with focus on selected targets down the road.

3 Likes

At the risk of getting a bunch of folks spun up, maybe Kihei has told the staff he’s open to a 5th year, therefore no need for a ‘22 PG.

2 Likes

Last weekend CTB showed the love to Sheppard and McNeeley, rest of it and this weekend has been trying to catch up a year and a half of not being able to watch kids in person.

Worth remembering that a bunch of ‘22s we’ve been linked to haven’t played either weekend. You KNOW that if Traudt was playing CTB would be there. And others, too.

6 Likes

Also, maybe we feel pretty good with Sheppard!

1 Like

You triggered me. I hope you can live with that.

Don’t think that’s the case. Assistants have been in the presence of some 2022 combo guards as well. We will add some sort of ball handle in 2022 and do it by committee to run point in the 5 minutes Reece isn’t on floor. Taine and McKneely ran some point.

2 Likes

Easier to paste than type over.

Quick stop in Philly for TB tonight.

2 Likes

Not a complaint to clarify. Was genuinely asking the question. Actually in the camp that is happy we appear to be backing off Nunez.

I’m pretty sure Bennett was at the Gonzaga (DC) game prior to the one he was reported at. Same court. Probably coincidental but he’s seen them play two weeks in a row. 2022 PG Devin Dinkins is considered more of an A-10 type recruit but ya never know. He’s been good and UVA has talked to him.

2 Likes

Anyone at this game for the HOOS?

1 Like