2nd Spring Live Period Recap

6 Likes

Thatā€™s a dawg - lefty too. Heard the blue bloods are sniffing around, so not sure even if we are in on him this early that the UKs, Arkansas, etc. and their $$$ will not swoop in and grab him. Now Iā€™m depressed - we will never egt another recruit. I need WFS to cheer me up.

2 Likes

Duke offer incoooominngggg

1 Like

If you turn the volume all the way up you can hear his parents scream ā€œshoot it every time Colton!ā€ ā€œsteal it from your own teammate Colton, heā€™s not passing it back!ā€ and ā€œColton, you didnā€™t look for the camera after you inbounded it to yourself, drove the length of the court, launched that 30 footer and pushed that opponent thatā€™s 3x your sizeā€¦how will we ever make you a star if you donā€™t work for it too?ā€

5 Likes

I would tell my kid to body check him into the scorerā€™s table.

7 Likes

So, are you hoping we can redshirt him for 8 years?

Lol. On a more serious note

1. I hate these kinds of videos. All it does is eventually create mental health problems for the kids who probably wonā€™t live up to the hype created for them at 10 years old once puberty hits lol. I can assure you at least half of the eventual 5 stars in this kidā€™s class havent even started playing basketball yet.

2. Ive read in two recruit interviews (Bobi Klintman and I want to say Tyrel Ward but could be wrong on the second one) who have said their dads didnā€™t even let them shoot 3s as kids because they would develop bad habits and weird shooting motions that would be hard to undo. Of course there are kids shooting at that age who turned out more than fine, but an interesting philosophy nonetheless.

6 Likes

Even Steph had to rework his shot as a teenager to undo his launch form from little

4 Likes

the kid kinda looks like heā€™d be from wisconsin, so I guess thereā€™s a small chance we could be in contention.

6 Likes

Absolutely 100 percent agree. Let kids be kids, and just let them have fun playing games.

As for the mechanics, Iā€™m a baseball guy, but even I can see that heā€™s going to have to fix that shot as he gets bigger and stronger. Some kids will be able to do it, others wonā€™t. But still more will decide the like something else better. And thatā€™s totally fine.

1 Like

outside chance to be a Scott Skiles type if he grows etc

1 Like

Since itā€™s the dead period and thereā€™s no actual recruiting news I donā€™t feel guilty posting this (someone who maybe still on our radar/maybe Tony watches him one more time when he goes to an underarmour event to watch Blake Buchanan).

Best on Defense

6-5 PG Silas Demary, Jr., Combine Academy

Silas Demary, Jr. is a winner; in this NIL age, you can go ahead and print the t-shirts. Even in an all-star type setting, Demary, Jr. takes defense seriously. If an opposing player scored two in a row, he would demand to switch on to them. Demary, Jr. has a physical frame with great anticipation and a want-to. That is what makes him a winner; what bleeds through his various teams is Demary, Jr.ā€™s willingness to do the tough guy stuff.

Demary, Jr. also went three for four from beyond the arc in this game and finished with 18 points. He handled the ball, touched the paint, and made plays. Demary, Jr. has lost five games total over the last two high school seasons and two travel ball seasons on the UAA circuit. He has won a state championship and a UAA championship in those two calendar years.

Recruitment: Plans to set visits with VCU, St. Johnā€™s, Loyola-Chicago, and Providence.

4 Likes

Itā€™s always a dead period for UVA recruiting.

2 Likes

I know we joke about Wisconsin and North Carolina having a heavier presence on our roster than Virginia kids, but can we talk about how Talented Wisconsin basketball is?

I was looking for Jordan Poole clips on instagram (cause I think heā€™s the best pro comparison to Freddie Dilione) and noticed that Poole has 800k followers but only follows like around 300 people, one of whom is Reece. I

was like whatā€™s the connection there and soon I realized the Golden State Warriors start 2 players from Wisconsin (Poole and Kevon Looney). How the hell did Wisconsin become a basketball state?

4 Likes

The Bennett family of course

5 Likes

Whatever it is, Im okay if like 10 out of the 13 players on our team are from Wisconsin or North Carolina.

Save one spot for a Northeast kid, one spot for a west coast kid, and one spot for a native african immigrant bouncy 6ā€™9 Mamadi bigs who plays at one of the Boarding schools here in Virginia who we can claim as a ā€œVirginia Nativeā€ to tickle the part of the fan base looking for a hometown hero.

3 Likes

Oh yeah most segregated city in the country right? Brogdon hated it there and wanted out apparently (part of why the ā€œMilwaukee slipped up not keeping Brogdonā€ takes I see donā€™t make sense. Also wanted to be pg which Milwaukee couldnā€™t promise).

1 Like

The best Hooters I have ever been to was in Milwaukee. Aside from that I have no clue

7 Likes

Wisconsin has always been a basketball hotbed. I remember Chuck ballinā€™ out in the Cunninghamā€™s driveway back in the day. Dude was so good he went pro after like 2 episodes.

1 Like

If Nijel Pack is $800k, how much for an unproven high schooler? $125k?

2 Likes