🏀 #3 Virginia vs #10 NC State, ACCT SF, Fri, 15 Mar, 2130, ESPN/2

Let’s hope we hit some FTs tomorrow!

14 Likes

I’m going to be so goddamn tired on Saturday :joy:

8 Likes

Hopefully Minor gets good minutes throughout the game. He has shown he can defend Burns before, and we have to let him do it again.

14 Likes

Now let’s hope Ethan gets to work on IMac.

6 Likes

Went to game tonight. I’m solo parenting starting tomorrow for the weekend.

Buckle up kids, it’s lord of the flies weekend.

:melting_face:

23 Likes

I am giving up on having a comfortable win, if we can keep playing close and winning i will accept the wear and tear on my heart

5 Likes

Yeah, IMac was struggling to make “cuts” on the ankle on both offense and defense. Seemed to be doing better at the end of the game rather than the beginning.

4 Likes

Wonder if it loosened up.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Erik Haslam has tonight a pick 'em.

1 Like

Va Tech guy on Taine Murray.

https://x.com/BigJim__11/status/1768631752463970387?s=20

6 Likes

Biggest concern is iMac’s ankle on defense honestly. He’ll likely be matched with Casey and Casey did pretty well against him when iMac was at full health.

I hope Tony is willing to go to Taine a bit more and earlier if iMac is looking rough.

On the flipside, I heard the Diarra is observing Ramadan. Gotta be tough to stay fresh in that situation, even for the later night game.

13 Likes

It very clearly says we win 56-54 sir

8 Likes

Can never tell with this year’s team what kind of game you’re going to get out of them. I think tonight’s game is very winnable. But losing by 30 isn’t out of the question, either.

3 Likes

Probably jinxing us with this but…Burns will not be able to run up and down the court tonight. There’s no way he’s built for four games in a row. I think the big that we should be worried about is middlebrooks.

3 Likes

The best defense against Middlebrooks would be to to allow him uncontested dunks.

14 Likes

I wonder what pain killer meds are allowed? Ibuprofen? Toradol? The latter is an NFL favorite and will zero out pain for a bit but you cannot take it more than like 3 days in a row.

When we came out of half-time, 3 or 4 times Reece pushed it up the court and we scored easily, he had guys running on the wings as well. We need to look to do this tonight. Make them guard and grind, but when a push opportunity is there, take it.

Also, I hope Murray gets more run tonight. He looked good last night on offense and defense was fine. Those two little fadeaways in the lane were butter.

8 Likes

I used to take 1 voltarin before games. Was magic (or all in my head)

Big Daddy Burns hasnt played outsized minutes though. I dont think

3 Likes