šŸ€ #3 Virginia vs #10 NC State, ACCT SF, Fri, 15 Mar, 2130, ESPN/2

Burns looked like he was pulling a sled last night ā€¦ we need to run his ass up and down.

6 Likes

Can he ever play right sized minutes at 360lbs?

2 Likes

Ayyyy theres the rub!

Big Daddy always outsized

1 Like

Whomever Burns is guarding needs to sprint flat out every possession on offense. Force Burns to run with you or get an easy bucket.

1 Like

Big Daddy Burns I think is averaging around 25 minutes a game the last three days

2 Likes

UVA 59-57

2 Likes

Do you start IMac?

• Yes
  • No - Start Taine at the 2
  • No - Start Rohde at the 2
  • No - Other lineup idea (explain in a reply)
0 voters

Who do you start in the frontcourt?

• Groves - Minor (Dunn at the 3)
  • Groves - Buchanan (Dunn at the 3)
  • Dunn - Minor (guard/wing at the 3)
  • Dunn - Buchanan (guard/wing at the 3)
  • Dunn - Groves (guard/wing at the 3)
0 voters

Think you go

Reece on Thorne
Dunn on Morsell.

4 Likes

My fairly consistent view is that we shouldnā€™t play ineffective guys so many minutes. iMac was ineffective, yet we played him 29 minutes. To me, that seems less than ideal.

Go ahead and start him / donā€™t start him. Whatever. I wonā€™t whine. But I will whine when heā€™s getting burned and not doing anything offensively, but we play him 29 minutes. (Including OT to be fair)

5 Likes

Fine, but:

Vote Voting GIF by The Drew Barrymore Show

Assuming Horne plays 30+ minutes again either starting or coming off the bench, against their two big lineup, I like:

Horne - Reece
Oā€™Connell - Taine/IMac
Taylor/Morsell - Dunn
Diarra - Jake ā€œDennis Rodman reincarnatedā€ Groves
Burns - Minor

Iā€™d probably chance some minutes for the Boot Scootin Boogie frontcourt when Middlebrooks is in.

4 Likes

He is? I was gonna wait for espn to say it 30 more times before I was sure.

4 Likes

Feels like we should do anything we can to get Burns in switches - Groves at the four and try and run action to get Burns guarding him. Also play him physical from the get go and if we pick up fouls, so be it.

Or do whatever actions we did last night that gave Reece 3 attempts going right at Post.

3 Likes

What is thatā€¦ like dextrose pills? Thatā€™s what all my teammateā€™s in Germany would pop at halftime.

Tip of the cap to Post on those BTW. Like you, I donā€™t think DJ ā€œDonut Junkieā€ Burns will fare as well.

1 Like

I want to win this one so bad. Letā€™s have the luckiest draw of all time and take advante to win an extra ACCT. 2014 ACCT is probably my second favorite UVA memory after Minny.

7 Likes

Literally no clue. Somehow I remember the name. Only took 1 on gameday never for practice or whatever

Edit: Voltaren

1 Like

Edit: Voltron

Flex GIF by Funimation

4 Likes

Best description Iā€™ve seen of Tonyā€™s challenges this season. Heā€™s trying to get out of an escape room every game.

https://x.com/CurtisAtkinson/status/1768686133053886731?s=20

11 Likes

Itā€™s a very good description. But also Tony built the room heā€™s trying to escape from.

17 Likes

I just looked it upā€¦ Voltaran is for joint and Arthritis painā€¦ like Ben Gay. Old man cream.

Dextrose is a quick infusion of sugar into the blood streamā€¦ like eating a snickers bar except removing all the chocolatey goodness and eating it in pill form.

1 Like