A chance for UVA (GT game thread)

After 3 tough losses in a row, we’ll be playing Georgia Tech, and this is a very important game. After such a tough stretch, it’s important to find yourselves, this is what we need to do today, find the offense, keep up the defense, and beat GT. I believe we can use this game as a turn around game, but we’ll have to see. Go Hoos!

2 Likes

Almost took down #9 FSU on the road. I could definitely see us winning this one.

2 Likes

Indeed, if we find our offense like we did during some parts of that game, it won’t be a good day for GT fans

1 Like

Agreed!

1 Like

I think we jump on em pretty good tonight

3 Likes

Man it’s like that OT win ignited Syracuse. Thrashed BC, now a road win in Blacksburg just two weeks after losing to VT at home.

2 Likes

There is so many close basketball games rn, so many upset alerts, a close win for Syracuse, Ohio State most likely losing and going out of the top 25.
IT’S MADNESS

1 Like

Things get back to normal tonight. I’ll be in attendance. The boys have prepared and fought hard. Not dropping 4 in a row

7 Likes

Enjoy my man. Represent for us all

3 Likes

I feel like I lost 90% of my energy after those 10:00 A.M. games. What a start to the day

1 Like

This is a HUGE game

1 Like

Does anyone know what rank GT on the hardest places to play at for college basketball?
Does that exist?

Just consulted with former Hoo Anthony Oliver whos son was at Clemson 2 years ago before transferring to ODU. He said not tough place to play anymore with lack of fan support.

WAS great/ tough place back in the day for sure.

3 Likes

Statistically, KenPom ranks GT with the 173rd best home court advantage. That said, it’s relative to success on the road, so if you’re as good at home as on the road, your home court advantage is less on this metric. For reference, UVA and JPJ are ranked at 192, which I think we all would dispute.

2 Likes

Good to know guys, thanks :slight_smile:
I have been hearing of KenPom, what is it?

I only recently got into the more detailed stuff of College Basketball

2 Likes

I actually typed something up for the forum on kenpom, and fortunately a few people added to (and fact checked :laughing:) my analysis. Explaining KenPom Ratings and Rankings
Basically, it’s an in depth statistical resource for college basketball, founded by Ken Pomeroy.

4 Likes

Pack line t shirt ready along with uva hoodie. Wife has her national title shirt ready

3 Likes

Checked it out, makes sense. I like the way it works, although I checked it out and some of it requires a subscription which I can’t get, but very cool system for sure.

personally whats your opinion on KenPom? For me has become vastly over used source to “explain” everything

1 Like