AAU weekend thread

https://twitter.com/RL_Hoops/status/1386115819701211140

3 Likes

Man Iā€™d love to have Billups if we are actually taking a 5 or 6 man class.

3 Likes

Donā€™t do this to me HGN. This is just going to make it harder when Trimble goes to Marquette or Michigan and we never offer.

(100 percent joking of course - love all the updates)

2 Likes
2 Likes

Trimble is a bad man. Prefer him to Nunez at this point I think but either would be great

1 Like

@HoozGotNext Is Tony at the Louisville event by chance?

Same here. Iā€™ve kept my eye on him for a while now. Seems he would fit the Hunter role and probably has a better handle than DH did at the same stage.

2 Likes

No itā€™s still a dead period until June

1 Like

Dead period looks pretty dumb with where weā€™re at vaccination wise

1 Like

Well, now that weā€™re so used to losing Ohio St. and there is no sign of change, then yeah, it is worse.

1 Like

You really know how to pick programs when it comes to losing to your rival in football

2 Likes

As a UVA fan who has no memory of losing streaks to our biggest rival I cannot relate lol

5 Likes

10x better than Nunez. No offer? Means we donā€™t think we have a chance.

1 Like

It is kind of strange that he is someone Tony has personally reached out to a few times/zoomed with and nothing yet. But Nunez did have Texas summer ball and Wisconsin nada

I just do not see it with Nunez. Highlights mean dick, but his highlights show no ability to handle the ball with his off hand. The highlights Iā€™ve seen are 90% feign penetration and step back three. Nice that he can hit threes but he seems inordinately one dimensional.

Trimble meanwhile looks like a beast in his highlights. Of course highlights mean dick.

Also we did just go through a season where we complained about having two point guards that could penetrate but not shoot the three

1 Like

Trimble can shoot. That isnā€™t a trade off anymore if Trimble continues his play on a loaded phenom team he will end up a top 30 recruit. Also we have never had a pg with this much athleticism and attacking the rim. This years penetration didnā€™t even compare, especially with finishing at the hoop.

Having a combo like Seth also means McKneely can develop further his pg skills as well at times, something guy never got to do

Donā€™t go getting your hopes up on this guy. Zero chance. My speculation is that the fact he does not have an offer says Tony knows he wouldnā€™t accept it and making the offer would hurt us with Nunez. This guy will end up at a blue blood if he doesnā€™t go to Marquette.

4 Likes

You never know if u donā€™t try. Trimble i think brings the toughness and ability to go to the rim that we are lacking IMO. If we went by that thinking we would only offer one person per position (by offering Trimble we would hurt our position with Nunez). Tony didnā€™t hold back from offering Taylor as well as mcneely? Knowing that if one committed the other would prob go somewhere else. Bring in the best players you can get and let them compete. Thatā€™s the only way we get back to bein spoiled and only losing 1-5 games a year.

5 Likes

Seems as simple as Tony isnā€™t interested (for better or worse) in high usage, ball-dominant, non-system guards. And chicken-egg, but those guys arenā€™t interested in UVA.

1 Like