ACC and NCAA Tournament seeding thread

Yup i want nothing to do with that Miami game. Tough place to play. When it’s rocking its loud n rowdy or it ca. Be BC like and cavernous. Late start. Mid-week travel. Jimmy coaching a group of hungry kids who love being the underdog. Hoos gotta come out sharp

2 Likes

I think I’m in agreement. Getting a Duke or L’ville win in the regular season or the tournament would provide cover for dropping 1-2 of the remaining Q2 games (I think they really need to beat BC at home since it’s a Q3 game). But if they can’t grab another Q1 win, I think they need to otherwise win out to be comfortable (perhaps even including their first ACCT game, which should be another Q2 game). They could probably absorb 1 more Q2 loss without needing a Q1 win, but I think that puts them right on the bubble.

Of course, since this is all chosen by committee, and said committee’s decisions don’t always seem to follow a consistent criteria, who knows what will happen if they are right on the bubble on Selection Sunday.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Joe Lunardi has the hoos at an 11 seed in his latest bracketology image

3 Likes

I like that 11 seed. A sweet cozy corner of the bracket it it were to stay that way

1 Like

I say that if we win out but lose to either Duke or Louisville and win at least 1 game in the ACC tournament, we get at least an 8 seed which I’d be happy with. I’m seeing mixed things between many bracketologists though, so I’m not really sure what to think

1 Like

Bleach Report has uva as a 10 seed in their latest 2020 NCAA Tournament Bracket: Latest Projected Field of 68 with 1 Month to Go | News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report

3 Likes

Lunardi bumped UVA up one spot to a 10 seed (40 overall). NC State moved into the field.

4 Likes

I would like our chances vs Seton Hall or Maryland

Myles Powell is terrifying

The past few years nothing was more boring to me than bubble talk. I didn’t realize how good we had it.

2 Likes

He is great but Halls length is more daunting I think

Big win for Arizona State tonight vs Oregon. That’ll go a long way in solidifying them in the top 50 and a Q1 win in UVA’s column.

9 Likes

FSU just beat NC STATE and that basically secures UVAs 4 seed in the ACC tourney

3 Likes

While that gives us a three game lead, and with four games left that feels insurmountable, NC State does have the head to head vs us so for them to pass us they’d have to go 3-1 or better against UNC, Pitt, Duke, and WF and we’d have to go 1-3 or worse against VT, Duke, Miami, and Lville. State will be favored in three of those games, and we could very easily lose to both lville and Duke and then drop the game in Blacksburg. I’ll feel much more secure if we win on Wednesday.

8 Likes

I been following UVA sports too long and I believe strongly in what Yogi Berra said. It ain’t over until its over

5 Likes

If we play bad enough to lose 4th at this point we probably aren’t making the tournament. Just win baby and everything will work out.

3 Likes

Very true, should be an entertaining final stretch.

2 Likes

3 is the magic number for the Hoos win 3of the final 4 and they are locked in anywhere from an 8 to a 10 seed.

The flip side of that is 3 is the magic number for losses as well. If the hoos drop 3 of the final 4 the bubble is gonna be wobbly and they’ll need to do work in the ACC tournament

4 Likes

If we win 3 of 4 I’d say depending on ACCT results we could potentially climb as high as a 5 seed. Our OOC wins are slowly looking better with ASU and Vermont both leading their conferences. Beating a P5 (PAC12) champion should still mean something especially when that conference has multiple ranked teams. 3 out of 4 should at the very least secure an 9 seed probably even 8.

4 Likes