ACC and NCAA Tournament seeding thread

True 3 of 4 gets them locked in how far they climb is a bit of a guessing game. ASU is helping the hoos. The seeding also depends on the which of the 3 the Hoos win. Best UofL and Duke and split with Miami and VT looks a lot different than beat Miami and VT and split with Duke and UofL.

If the hoos knock off 2 top 10 teams in a week give them the blank check

4 Likes

Do you think so? I don’t really know that which game would be a loss matters unless it’s Miami. Even though it’s on the road that would be a pretty bad loss given their standing, it would kind of knock some of the shine off beating the 2 top teams. Usually everyone is pretty laid back on losses in rivalry games especially on the road so I think a loss Wednesday would be much more forgiving.

2 Likes

You may be right about that. A VT or a Miami loss is a bit of a toss up to me. I feel like Miami is trending slightly better and could have a stronger finish than VT and that may make them a better team than VT, so a VT loss would look worse. But if UVa beat Duke and UofL then I don’t think it matters they could absorb a loss to VT or Miami assuming everything else plays out according to chalk, which has not been the case at all this season, so who really knows.

2 Likes

Good win always helps more than a bad loss hurts

3 Likes

Interesting chart and stats that wahoops posted. Worth checking out http://www.bracketmatrix.com/![image|281x499](upload://1LlQxonzMwFa3ZMztsoqCp3X6Il.jpeg)

3 Likes

Who we going for in this FSU vs LOUISVILLE game tonight?

1 Like

FSU

4 Likes

FSU need them strong since we have the win over them already

4 Likes

I was just comparing ACC schedules for the top 4 in the league.

Lousville and FSU both will have had five games against the top 4, including three away each.
UVA also has five, with two away.
Duke only has 3 total, with the trip to Cville marking their only road game against the top 4.

5 Likes

Coach K must have fixed the schedule

2 Likes

B/R has the hoos as a 9 seed in their latest bracketology 2020 NCAA Tournament Bracket: Latest Projection of the Field of 68 | News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report

2 Likes

Expert Andy Katz also had the hoos beating duke on Saturday as one of his top upsets of the week

3 Likes

Hoos beating Duke . . . me thinks Andy baby might be a tease!

2 Likes

Duke takes the 113 to 101 LOSS against wake forest in double OT!

5 Likes

It was a beautiful thing. :sob:

5 Likes

Take care of business in Blacksburg and Saturday’s game will be for 3rd place.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Wednesday game is all that matters. Saturday will be here soon enough but cannot overlook tomorrow

5 Likes

:raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

1 Like

coach-k-technical-uva

5 Likes