ACC Basketball 22-23 Preseason

Three Man Weave start their top 40 with Miami at #40:

(I couldn’t think of a topic that was close to this / appropriate for this. Sorry if I forgot one)

5 Likes

Thanks Haney. This will be a good place for lots of preseason talk. A little surprised they only see the U at 40. That’s a very talented starting 5. We’ll see how long it takes them to gel, if Omier can translate to P5 and if they all resent the hell out of Pack’s NIL deal.

5 Likes

Canes don’t really scare me.

Wong is one of the more overrated guards in my opinion. All three of their guards are TO prone. All except Pack are below 35% from three.

They were thin in the front court last year. May be even thinner this year.

1 Like

#40 seems low. Torvik has them at #20. I guess their main downside risks are:

• Rim protection - teams shot 53% from 2 against them last year, which was #300 in the country, and they lost their best shot blocker.
  • Shooting - Pack is an accomplished shooter, but they lost 161 3s’ worth of shooting from their graduated guys, and Wong is probably too willing already from 3 given what he’s shown so far.

I think they will be a low-turnover team, they were excellent at it last year (#7 in TO rate), and Pack was a low-TO guy last year on KSU.

3 Likes

Hot take: UNC will finish no better than 3rd in the ACC.

I think their run to the championship game was somewhat of a flash in the pan. They’ll be good, almost certainly top 25, but Manek is a big loss.

4 Likes

Wong will just be another victim of Reece!… he will have nightmares of being stuck in a phone booth with Reece!

3 Likes

They were really fortunate to win that Baylor game in the 2nd round. Then lucked out with Saint Peter’s in the Elite 8.

3 Likes

My hope is that Caleb Love does not actually improve his shooting at all but last year’s run makes him think he has the green light at all times. That would be helpful.

Although even in that scenario, we know he’s still going 11-13 against us.

5 Likes

The Cam Reddish special (he shot 35% from the FIELD for the season)

3 Likes

To be fair they were top 10 the second half of the season. At least on Torvik

1 Like

Yeah I get that. I’m mainly just going off of the fact that Manek was their highest rated player by box plus-minus last year and I don’t think Pete Nance will be able to slide into that role as easily as some are projecting

4 Likes

I am still bummed though that they got Seth Trimble. I love Trimble’s game. Just how lethal he is will depend on how his three-point shooting comes along, but he’s at least going to put up some crazy highlights.

2 Likes

Hokies check in at #35 on the Weave countdown:

2 Likes

I feel like they’ll just be a slightly worse version of last years team. Great shooting but no depth beyond the starters and losing Aluma is obviously a big factor

6 Likes

No Aluma means that while the shooters will have “gravity”…they have no one on the inside to finish if defenders get out in them…

4 Likes

FSU at 22:
https://twitter.com/3MW_CBB/status/1560667260934508544?s=20&t=Hk6rQOyErsjPQFENDV3JwQ

I think they’ll be good. Cleveland and Warley could be breakout. Baba “O’Riley” Miller looks legit. Ironically, I’m most skeptical of their bigs.

2 Likes

Anyone know who we’re playing re: secret scrimmages this year? I’d assume NOVA is out now that CTB’s little bro Jay Wright is gone.

2 Likes

Nothing has leaked out that I’ve seen. But I think it usually leaks out a little later. VCU and Georgetown are two other frequent opponents

4 Likes

Louisville:

1 Like

Did you see the tweet he deleted?!

14 Likes