🏀 ACC Basketball - February 2024

Is it really only one month until March Madness?

5 Likes

k__p__ conference SOS says we have played the easiest schedule so far. That is about to change, big February ahead. Proud they boys did what they needed to do to put us in a position to claim a bid. Now playing much better, big 9 game stretch ahead.
Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 8.09.42 AM

6 Likes

On Torvik you can split it between remaining and played so far. We are 15th in played so far (conf SOS) and 2nd in remaining, but it’s still 15th overall.

3 Likes

Would be funny if all the talk about how SEC has money to hire coaches, and then this offseason Louisville poaches Musselman and FSU takes back Dennis Gates.

Throw in Sean Miller at NC State and maybe the ACC has life again? Abdur-Rahim (the usf coach, not the chucker) at Pitt?

3 Likes

I posted in the VIP thread Trilly’s list of players he has heard of possibly transferring and Judah Mintz was on that list. Apparently it wasn’t as big a surprise/already on cuse fans’ radar. His grampa was the one who leaked the transfer noise.

And also apparently there is a contingent ready to move on from Mintz (and his playstyle) in favor of JJ starling/Qadir Copeland/Chance Westry when healthy. ( I like Copeland A LOT. If only he could shoot threes but he’s that big physical downhill blacktop dawg savy guard. A MFer)

Wasn’t there a cuse fan who was on LRA a while ago?

2 Likes

Lol all sports boards are the same.

Also a lot of people calling Justin Taylor an A10 player oof. Feel for the kid. Reminds me of watching his last aau season with team takeover and he didn’t hit a 3 in over a month worths of play (right around when UNC backed off him). Maybe change of environment would be good for him at VCU or Richmond? (Richmond 8-0 in conference :eyes: )

2 Likes

They like what Starling has done for them? To my eye he’s another of the contingent of 5-stars whose stars need to be re-evaluated…

1 Like

idk that program seems like a mess that could get messier this offseason.

Why isn’t Judah Mintz going pro? Wasn’t he projected first round-ish last year? Definitely has the talent, doesn’t seem to have the coaching, though.

1 Like

Which is the lesser of two evils?

• Duke
  • UNC
0 voters
1 Like

There is no correct answer to this question. Maybe this is only true for those of us who well remember Coach Smith.

5 Likes

Can we add a third option for a giant meteor?

6 Likes

Yeah I thought about the generational differences. I recall many older fans hating UNC more because they were fans during the dean smith era

4 Likes

I remember smith. Unc sucks, but duke is everything that’s wrong with the world not just college basketball. Pure evil. It’s not even close.

5 Likes

That being said

93952320-1ad2-4017-a989-a0040ae4d3bd_text

6 Likes

VT has the easiest possible Q1 win opportunity, unless Miami miraculously starts playing defense and/or they make a lot of shots.

2 Likes

So, according to Cory Alexander VT is suddenly a defensive force. Give me a break.

1 Like

Throw a ball screen at tech and it’s like they’ve never played defense before

Miami barely tries at defense

Miami and VT are very similar teams. Small ball/want to outshoot you from 3 rather than lock up.

1 Like