🏀 ACC Basketball - February 2024

Last time the Hoos were out here at Cal, December 2016. A young Kyle Guy scored 17 points that day in a 56-52 win. Pic is rough, but it was a good time.

13 Likes

No, the third home-and-away rotates, I think:

The 20-game schedule for 2024-25 features:

• Two games (home and away) versus each of the school’s two current partners (Cal/SMU/Stanford will be partners with each other).
  • One repeat opponent (home and away).
  • The remaining 14 conference games consist of seven home-only opponents and seven away-only opponents.

So Louisville and VT stay the current “partners” and then 2025-26 will have a different third home and away.

1 Like

Honestly when I read our home and away opponents next season are a brand newbie (SMU), a totally fake rival in Lville, and a rival that’s in the ACC because politicians made our president fall on the sword, I’m ready to leave this sinking ship of a conference. The ACC that was so awesome in the 70s, 80s, and 90s has turned into a geographic Frankenstein’s monster with all historic rivalries hollowed out to the core.

Once FSU settles its litigation and opens the door for a game of reverse musical chairs, I will look forward to playing Kentucky, Bama, and both UTs in some spirited games of hoops. Might as well bring it on.

what is super cool is how UVA has two road trips to Cal and Stanford and Duke gets both at home :confused:

Would they make two separate road trips? It’d be more efficient to just stay out here and play both teams on one trip. Then head home.

2 Likes

It looks to me like Stanford and Cal are always “neither away” or “both away.” I take that to indicate they’ll always be scheduled as back-to-back games on a single road trip.

4 Likes

My manifesting of two Q4 (ok maybe Q3) Duke losses to the Cali teams begins today.

1 Like

They’ve said previously it will likely be on the same trip.

1 Like

Outside of preserving UNC/Duke, is there any reason to keep the “rival” setup in the ACC? I’d be totally ok not playing VT & Louisville twice every year.

2 Likes

I was certain that Ivan raab was gonna be an awesome pro! One of my great predictions.

1 Like

Did your witness protection handlers appreciate you guys going out to the game?

1 Like

lol yea I assume most of those type of things are AI generated now in days

Trying to figure how this will work a bit, I’m guessing they split the VA and Carolina contingent in half? So Cal and Stanford will knock out UNC, Duke, and State on one trip? Then the next year they will play UVA, VT, and Wake on one trip?

Could do a 4 game trip and a 2 game trip.

Thursday-Saturday-Wednesday-Saturday

Have to think they’ll do a 3-3-2 for next year. Stanford, for example, can knock out UNC-Duke-Wake on one trip. Notre Dame-Louisville-Pitt another. Then Clemson-GT for the final swing. For Cal just substitute State for Wake

1 Like

I thought you would like that

Camera flashes, what are they?

Two horse oriented mascota. All I got.

7 posts were split to a new topic: ACC Basketball March 2024