ACC Basketball February

TBD after ACL rehab … previously he was an eyebrow dunker…
Oh and Buchanan is also an elbow dunker…

1 Like

Head on the rim dunker

7 Likes

An eyebrow dunker - excellent! He goes up, arches his eyebrows and the ball goes in. That is some serious Chuck Norris s**t.

They found that Chuck Norris’ tears can cure COVID. The only problem…Chuck Norris never cries.
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wouldnt say Traudt is an elbow dunker. Would put him in your “wrist dunker” category. Does bring more athleticism to the front court than this year.

3 Likes

Somebody needs to watch some tape then or practice at JPJ … :smiley: :smile:

1 Like

I watched the undercover italy tape and was at the scrimmage on top of having watched Traudt’s game twice during his final aau season.

In no way is he an elbow dunker. He is more athletic than our current front court. But it’s actually insane to imply traudt is more athletic than Reece

6 Likes

Love Reece … and everybody here knows that well … but he does not use his athleticism on offense nearly enough … he gets up periodically for a forearm dunk here and there or an occasional offensive rebound … part of that is he really needs to tighten his handle …
Of course completely different positions and size between the 2 dudes so a little hard to compare…
Reece probably more a forearm dunker than a wrist dunker… maybe Isaac T is that too?

1 Like

Here is Traudt dunking with forearms without even trying …

1 Like

Traudt should be banned from the lane and just shoot that sweet 3 pointer all game long

1 Like

When I think front court players who were elbow dunkers, I think Mamadi, Trey Murphy, Hunter, and Braxton Key come to mind. Anderson as a small ball 4. Others im probably forgetting. Traudt is like Mike Scott in my mind. So whatever that is. I dont think Traudt’s vertical is super high (but his game doesn’t neede that).

2 Likes

Yeah … with his shooting and guard skill ability … even being a forearm dunker is like being an eyebrow dunker … makes him a lot faster than he is … I do think he tends to only jump as high as he needs to … always under control:

If we all watch this whole video, we will all agree it would be a huge waste of talent to only have him shooting face up threes off kickouts and then him posting up … he’s a wing in a 6-10 body.

4 Likes

I’ll give you Omier, and I’ll take Zack Edey. Edey averaging 22/13. Has 6 30+ Point games and 20 double-doubles.

Do we have any ulna dunkers or maybe even humerus dunkers? A healthy Gertrude might be a humerus dunker.

2 Likes

That’s funny.

1 Like

Maybe I just get too excited when I see his skills like in this time stamped play …

or this Kyle Guy copycat play:

Id be willing to put $5 on who will get farther in the tournament, Purdue or Miami. Guard play wins march. And Omier’s defensive versatility and presence is more useful in my eyes than edey’s scoring but exploitability. Reminds me of Garza on Iowa. Regular season darling. Didn’t do much in March.

Last year there was a whole lot of hubbahalu about McCormack vs Bacot in the national title. Where the story should have been Jalen Wilson and Brady Manek making those bigs have value with their spacing as well as the guard play of Caleb Love/RJ Davis and Remi Martin/Ochai Abaji

Edit: I watched Sam Hauser take on Bacot, Sharpe, Kessler, and Brooks.

1 Like

Me typing this realizing McKneely is the only returning guard guaranteed at the moment on next year’s roster

In Dante Harris’ dynamic-ism we trust
Ralph Wiggum Danger GIF

2 Likes

Well, Purdue starts two freshman guards, so no I’m not gonna take that bet! If and when Purdue loses it’s going to come down to Purdue’s guards lack of experience vs an opponent who is good and schemers well.

2 Likes

Thread moved