ACC Basketball November

A few things:

• I want to be clear what I’m arguing, and not arguing. NOT arguing that Casey = Dev and especially not arguing that Casey > Dev. I’m arguing that in the right context (say, for example, the context that Dev had), Casey could’ve filled that role nicely.
  • Dev is taller and I doubt Casey gets drafted and plays at the levels Dev has.
  • But in their 4th year playing, Dev and Casey are filling a similar role on their teams. Veteran leadership. Knocking down shots and opportunistic driving. Solid defense (taking tough perimeter assignments). To be fair, Dev did it on a much better team. We shall see what happens with NC St. I like their mix of talent, but I suspect they’ll ultimately be a bit frustrating like they’re always a bit frustrating.
2 Likes

I guess my issue is that we can look at Devon’s whole career and see how he contributed at a high level to winning basketball. Casey has not done that and - yes he has shot well for a few games, but it is really early to say that because he has shot the ball well for a few games that he could have been like Hall. Also, because of Casey’s size, he really needs to have other elite skills to be as useful as Hall.

3 Likes

Had Kansas -8. Really wanted to root for Casey this year, but that’s all gone now

3 Likes

Yes - he was a really good reg season contributor … if he had been as good in March Madness … if only…

Not an exaggeration when I say Louisville is the worst power 5 offense I have ever watched in my years of watching college bball. I wonder how the olds would compare this Louisville offense to 4 corners in the no-shot-clock era.

4 Likes

LOL Cincinnati banks a 3 to take the lead into halftime. Louisville thought they had a lead going into the half.

5 Likes

Kind of embarrassing for Cincinnati. Letting an acc team hang with you? Must have a system coach.

16 Likes

Sorry all i bet the Bearcats so of course Louisville remembers how to play basketball

2 Likes

You really did this to me

2 Likes

Wes Miller’s speech to Cincinatti at half time “Guys Its Louisville” “Oh we forgot our B”

Cincinatti up 14 now…

4 Likes

This s#it is tough to watch man… I mean I hate Nolan Smith but man they are in the MUD

6 Likes

Go cats

2 Likes

Meow!

2 Likes

If you are ever in the area, there is some incredible Indian food by the Cincinnati campus

3 Likes

Really?

2 Likes

Krishna and Adeep by the UC campus

2 Likes

Let’s check in on the current state of Louisville basketball

13 Likes

15 Likes

That’s Platek from UNC on Sienna right? He’s looking good.

2 Likes

Goodness gracious FSU looks like trash can juice.

9 Likes