ACC Basketball November

What a perfect way to put it.

1 Like

Louisville is going to get blown out.

Bellarmine has no athletes but man they play beautiful basketball.

2 Likes

I took the 8.5 points. Seemed like a good bet considering Lville’s preseason. It’s weird though…they really shouldn’t be this bad. I think they’ll be decent by conference play, which sucks when they deliver bad losses to ACC teams.

3 Likes

oh boy, yum board here I come

2 Likes

Louisville learning the hard way that you need a new type of basketball player called “guards” to play well. Interesting development for them.

6 Likes

Damn, I just watched five minutes of that game. Louisville is playing NO defense at all.

1 Like

Something tells me that if Louisville manages to take a lead, this game might come down to a perfectly executed picket fence.

4 Likes

As fun as it is to watch Louisville struggle against Bellarmine, they need to get their act together or they’ll drag down the whole conference. Maybe they should schedule their next game vs. “whoever’s at the Y on Friday night”

4 Likes

As disturbing as it has been to watch Louisville play, what’s even more disturbing are these commercials on the ACC Network. Bring back the spurtle!

3 Likes

Ben Johnson on Bellarmine on my transfer portal want list. Was Mr. Kentucky two years ago in HS.

Kid can shoot.

2 Likes

Here’s an interesting video from Hoopvision68 on Bellarmine’s offense. https://youtu.be/T2T4bJh165g

2 Likes

Bellarmine offense so annoying down the stretch: it’s okay to dribble especially when they are pressuring.

Louisville is back.

1 Like

Love the blind throwing the basketball backwards full length of the court. Honestly not the worst idea, he just needed a little more arc on it to waste the last half second.

3 Likes

There was a quick shot of his coach gesturing to him to make that point, you could see him make the motion, just with a higher arc.

Funny: Bellarmine’s home gym is Freedom Hall, which was Louisville’s home gym until they built the Yum! Center.

5 Likes

Over the last couple years, I’ve definitely bristled at the constant(and facile) ACC bashing by the national punditry. Last year’s tourney was about as sweet as could be without UVa in it. But the ACC A) isn’t doing itself any favors with this start, and B) might be proving them right.

That narrative isn’t going away this season; all the more reason to take care of business OOC and not take any bad losses.

2 Likes

And if our OOC doesn’t go well we aren’t going to have a lot of problems racking up Q1 and Q2 wins in conference play.

Problem is, this is going to be a problem moving forward. The ACC doesn’t have the money to hire Nate Oates, Mus Bus, underwood, etc

1 Like

Heard on a podcast something I agree with: conferences would be better off forcing their teams to play conference games for the first game or two of the season.

• with 20 games, there’s a lot of time to make up ground
  • let teams get their clunkers out of the way without hurting the conference in tourney metrics
5 Likes

Love ACC play but this is why we need OOC games mixed in throughout the season- no barometer leads us to believe a league might suck when they have probably improved throughout the year.

10 Likes

From Oglesby, right? If not he had the same suggestion this week. Actually like Dauster’s champions league idea too but not sure the feasibility

1 Like