ACCT: UNC vs UVA thread (7pm Thurs)

Hoos and Heels in the ACC Tournament Quarterfinals. Thursday night at 7:00 PM on ESPN.

4 Likes

We’re f*cked

3 Likes

Concur. I think we’re taking an L here. Just don’t like the matchup.

3 Likes

UNC is the only Team in the conference I would unequivocally take over UVA unfortunately

3 Likes

What do you mean by that?

UVA opens as one point favorites.

I think we win. We need to play tough D, clean up the glass, run good O that creates good looks and hit those looks. All Captain Obvious stuff.

5 Likes
2 Likes

It’s going to be super annoying when UNC beats us tomorrow and we get knocked down to a 5 seed playing Charleston in Orlando. Not hyperbole when I said Charleston pg Larson is the quintessential love him if he’s on your team, hate him otherwise player I have ever watched. Charleston big would be an interesting match up for us too.

Here’s to the return to mover blocker wearing down their guards through screens and more Dunn on Nance.

8 Likes

It’s going to be super annoying for UNC fans when we knock them out and they miss the tourney in a year they were preseason #1

15 Likes

I think it will help if UNC doesn’t shoot 10+ percentage points above their average from 3 again.

5 Likes

Sadly, that doesn’t seem to be. uVA strength this season.

1 Like

I’m manifesting Caleb Love getting lost on the back screens. Or getting punished by the flare cut when he tries to shortcut the curl. I don’t think they will try the switch everything approach with Bacot out there and Love/Davis not being defenders who can stand up a post player, so our guards will have some chances to make some shots.

1 Like

I mean that I think they are the only team that I feel 0% confident we will be beat

1 Like

We’re going to win.

5 Likes

This is exactly what we need. It’s the end of the year. Nut cuttin time. We’re playing like shit.

If we can’t beat the worst UNC team in 20 years and kick start a bit of momentum heading into the tournament, so be it.

It’s too late in the year to go pussy footing around anyone. Fucking bring it, and let’s see what we got.

15 Likes

That’s kinda weird though cuz outside of the last two seasons we’ve absolutely owned them. And beat them earlier this season.

I’m not loaded with confidence going into tomorrow but they’re not some juggernaut. Duke is the team I’m always less confident we’ll beat and @VT because that arena is like a house of horrors for us.

Impressive post. Already conceded tomorrow’s game, accepted a drop in our tournament seed, zeroed in on our undesirable NCAAT opponent & location, and pinpointed a random player to hate.

12 Likes

I rank near the top of PPE (poster pessimism efficiency)

12 Likes

Nah, let’s stay on the 4 line and lose to Slick Rick and Iona

Tomorrow nights session will have both NC state schools. Should be a big crowd

3 Likes

It’s simple, whichever team shoots better from three will win.