Albany Game Thread (Wednesday 12/28. 6pm ACC Network)

Will we see a new starting line up out of the Christmas break?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Will staff sit Reece to rest his hamstring a little more before ACC play?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

Will UVA cover the spread?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Will the over or under hit for total points?

• Over
  • Under

0 voters

When is the Albany game? Ha

2 Likes

Wednesday I think. No idea on time

edit: 6pm ACC Network

1 Like

What’s the spread and the o/u?

1 Like

I hope we win.

2 Likes

If we have a new starting lineup and rest Reece I hope we start:

Kihei

Armaan

Dunn

Gardner

Shedrick

Kihei McKneely Dunn Gardner Shedrick

2 Likes

That calls for a poll:

• Do you hope we win?
  • Yes
0 voters
3 Likes

I like your style

5 Likes

@DFresh11 - Was thinking about the team yesterday while hosting too many people for Xmas. What’s it like for the players this time of year? I assume they stay in town - but what do the usual holiday festivities look like?

4 Likes

Good question now. Back in our day there was a 4-5 day lay off usually so we could all go home for like 3 days before coming back to get ready for the next game. NCAA rules of course were ridiculously dumb about if the team could fly you home and or fly you back if you lived far ish like me. Say if you were playing on the road they could make your flight home (I think)

In any event am sure most of our guys got to go home for a quick trip for Christmas before coming back probly yesterday

Hope your crew did good yesterday!

4 Likes

My wife talked about that when she played in the early 2k they basically had Christmas and Christmas eve believe they were back on the court the 26 or 27th she said. But she recalls it be being really hard ans she only lived an hrish from home.

4 Likes

I do have one good story. After Christmas one year I connected from Huntsville Alabama through Charlotte and met Junior B for flight to Cville. One of his brother worked for the airline so guess Hoo was upgraded to First Class!

9 Likes

My recollection of that time is that the NCAA only allowed travel if the team played its last pre holiday game on the road and a minimum distance from home court. There were some bizarre rules and of course some uninterested consequences.

The rules changed a lot from year to year. When you coupled those rules with the reluctance of schools like UNC and Kentucky to play an instate team, you got some odd schedules.

1 Like

Yes TulsaHoo, you nailed it. That rule doesnt help much when you played at Marshall like us one year for the pre Christmas game hahahaa

But that was definitely the “rule”

1 Like

6pm start time makes it hard to make the game.
I’ve got 3 on the end of the row in section 314 row W if anyone wants them.

2 Likes

I would be ok going Clark, Beeks, McKneely, BVP, Shedrick

Franklin/Gardner first two off the bench. Give Franklin time to find his stroke again and Gardner hopefully in an instant offense role.

3 Likes

Yep. Some guys can really thrive coming off the bench as well and not a bad thing to mix it up. TB started Papi last year and brought Kadin off the bench

4 Likes

The game is not on my ACC NETWORK. Anywhere else?