All Decade Wahoos

I’ve been seeing these a lot recently. Hoo would be on your all-decade team of wahoos? Any player from 2009 until now. 3 backcourt guys and 2 frontcourt. GO.
After very little thought, I gotta say Brogdon, Guy, and Jerome in the back court with Gill and Salt in the frontcourt. Excited for a great new decade of UVA hoops!

1 Like

Gotta have Jerome, Guy, Dre + Brogdon + Mike Scott?

Hate to leave off Joe, Gill and Salt

1 Like

Exactly. So many greats ya hate to leave off the list

Ty
Guy
Brogdon
Dre
Gill

I probably should have Mike Scott on there but full disclosure I enrolled at UVA in 2013 and didn’t watch as much before then.

2 Likes

In my late night writing haze, I’ll take Ty, Brogs, Dre, AG, n Scott. To add a wrinkle, I want Kyle, JA, and Joey Hoops coming off the bench. I withhold the right to disparage these picks in the morning :laughing:

2 Likes

Man this is tough

First draft
Ty
Guy
Brogdon
Joe
Scott

We’re playing small ball with the Charlottesville 5 aka the death lineup

1 Like

My faves. Basically the big 3+the two dudes that I don’t think get enough credit for building this thing.

Jontel
Ty
Guy
Dre
Akil

4 Likes

Ty
KG
Malc
Dre
Akil

With Joe, Gill, and Mike Scott off the bench

2 Likes

And London (got to have a backup PG)…damn how did I forget about him…

2 Likes

Forgot all about Akil loved his game

1 Like

Yea ,I did too. I’m going with a small team with defense and scoring.
Ty
Kyle
Dre
Malcolm
Mike Scott

2 Likes

With Akil,Joe and Gill as part of the rotation

1 Like

I’m braced for the retorts, but I have to say that I cannot put anyone on my all decade team who did not play out his commitment to the team. That means Dre, Ty, Kyle, and Justin just like all the players that transferred out, don’t qualify.

My true orange and blue Wahoos over the past ten years are:
Malcolm Brogdon,
Joe Harris,
Mike Scott,
Akil Mitchell, and
Anthony Gill

with Wilkins, Hall, and Salt coming in off the bench.

1 Like

if i am building a team to play…

Ty running point
malc at the 2
Dre at the 3
Akil at the 4
Mike Scott at 5

If its individual players
dre
malc
joe
ty
justin

3 Likes

Typed up a depth chart. Certainly flawed when looking position by position. For instance, Joe Harris on the “3rd team” feels scandalous… also Gill and Mitchell aren’t pure centers, but they played there throughout their career so I felt okay putting them there. Didn’t think there’s anybody deserving of those last two spots, maybe Key could fill the SF spot by the end of the year. You could argue for Shayok/Thompson, but I’m conflicted there. Likely would be Shayok, but eh I don’t know, feels weird.

Decade Depth Chart 1st team 2nd team 3rd team 4th team
PG (1): Ty Jerome London Perrantes Jontel Evans Kihei Clark
SG (2): Malcolm Brogdon Kyle Guy Joe Harris NA
SF (3): Deandre Hunter Justin Anderson Devon Hall NA
PF (4): Mike Scott Mamadi Diakite Isaiah Wilkins Darion Atkins
C (5) Anthony Gill Akil Mitchell Mike Tobey Jack Salt
4 Likes

I’m seeing a lot of Dre in here. Completely understandable, but he only played two, or even one and a half years, so I would have to put him on the second team

Here’s what I made for the LRA instagram out of this topic. Tried to have everybody’s opinions included. How’d I do?

6 Likes

Trying to make a team of 5 is really really hard to do. I cant see anyway to not include Joe Harris as he was great at both ends. Also think Akil really solidified what Virginia pack line defense was/ is all about. I tend to agree with “fulfilling the commitment” but is impossible to not go to the NBA when you know you are a first round pick or much more lotto pick.

My team is:

Ty
Joe
Malcom
Akil
Anthony Gill

Think this is perfect blend of skill and hardworking guys who got it done in their careers.

3 Likes

Great work there B

1 Like

If I were to add a sixth man, I think it would be Joey Hoops. Thanks Doug!