American Fast food chatter

Here ya go all!!
My bad for contributing to the demise of the intel thread

11 Likes

I like food.

4 Likes

Remember when Boston Market was Boston Chicken?

Hope that kicks off some controversial discussion somehow.

2 Likes

Legit forgot that was a thing also never bwen to a Boston Market

1 Like

Is Chik Fil A overrated? I feel like I should say yes, but still have it a couple of times per month.

It is terrible in the NYC area. Assume great in the south especially GA

It’s pretty consistent down South. One complaint I do have is the tea isn’t sweet enough.

1 Like

Ha. I cant drink sweet tea. Family is from Illinois so we never had sugar in it til we moved to Tennessee

2 Likes

I didn’t realize most of the country drank it unsweet until I moved to Colorado at 21.

1 Like

People drink unsweet tea?? They enjoy it? Ew

3 Likes

You know, sometimes DISCUSSIONS don’t follow a straight path. I think the thread police will not forgive you, but I enjoy the tangents.

1 Like

So do we think Tony will try to close out Buchanan on his visit this weekend?

(Shameless attempt to derail the dedicated fast-food thread)

7 Likes

I do think he’ll at least try to close him out (though it’ll be a heavy lift with the Zags lurking prominently in the wings), and, in keeping things semi-on topic my suspicion is that CTB will try for the close-out at Ralph Sampson’s American Taproom in the exact same space where Zinburger (which I understand was CTB’s prior go-to closeout spot) used to be.

2 Likes

There’s also a difference between putting some sugar in your ice tea like much of the country and the ‘sweet tea’ served in the South. I am convinced sweet tea was created during a chemistry experiment when some guy in Georgia said “exactly how much sugar can water hold?” It’s diabetes in a glass. I enjoy it, but I also can’t drink it more than like once a year.

4 Likes

My wife was born in Ingerland, and they drink tea in the morning and at Tea Time (still not quite sure when that is but it is before beer time I think), and I have to say that I love tea without sugar. A little English breakfast or Earl Grey is good for me. Love Virginia, love almost everything about that area but I never could handle sweet tea.

4 Likes

I love some good sweet tea, but I’ve had too much bad sweet tea to risk my A1C too often. I limit myself to 1 bottle of Milo’s a year.

Staying on topic, I’d love if Cook Out expanded up into Nova, but I’d probably get tired of it after 3 or 4 visits instead of craving it cause I eat it once a year. Love that Cheerwine they carry though.

Freddie’s burgers are way underrated. They hit the spot for me a couple times a month.

I get my In-N-Out fill whenever I fly out to California, but the experience really isn’t the same unless you’re eating in the car in the parking lot with your windows rolled down and moon roof open on an 80 degree day with no humidity and a cool ocean breeze.

A big regret is not getting a Whataburger last time I was in Dallas for training. Haven’t been back to Texas since and that was 5 years ago. Got some awesome bbq though.

Shake Shack is still my favorite fast food burger. I love it enough to wait in hour long lines at Madison Square Park on a warm summer evening, but not enough to fight traffic at Tyson’s Mall.

3 Likes

Never been a sweet tea guy having grown up in seven states up and down the east cost. Sun tea was always what we had—and still do.

But back to burgers, out here in CO it’s Smashburger. Smashfries with truffle oil and Parmesan are hard to beat, though the haystack onions are pretty darned close. And Haagen Daz shakes to finish off a healthy meal.

2 Likes

Have you ever had a Whataburger? On my list to try next time we pull the Airstream through NM or TX

Totally agree that shake shack is the best fast food burger in my opinion. We had smashburger when I lived in Portland, have still never had it. I’ll have to check it out. In-n-out is good but does NOT compare to Shake Shack at all.

1 Like

Larkburger out here is also pretty good, though they’re thinner on the ground and kinda stretch the notion of “fast” food.

1 Like