American Fast food chatter

Also if we want to talk underrated food, list basically everywhere on H st. One of the best spots in DC

3 Likes

Yup the actual sit down CAVA was always a good meal. But the take out one is mist have. Have 2 bowls in my fridge now.

HStreet has legit good food. That was my spot for yrs the Vic sponsored a team I played for. My jersey may still be hanging on the wall.

3 Likes

For the LA 'Hoos… I love Tommy Burger. Unreal messy and sloppy but so good. The burgers are unreal and the breakfast burrito there is the best “I feel like crap and will put anything in my body to feel better this morning” food ever invented. Here is the link, and if you go to Tommy’s, you probably should wear a poncho and some trout waders.

3 Likes

Cava Mezze at Tyson’s Galleria was a place I’d take summer interns for a “fancier” lunch sometimes. Good stuff.

2 Likes

Closest Shake Shack to you is in London. And Turkey.

Raising Cain’s is chicken fingers.

1 Like

I prefer Mezeh over Cava. Also raising canes sauce alone makes it worthwhile

3 Likes

In N’ Out is not overrated and is absolutely amazing.
Wendy’s fries > McDonald’s
Has anybody ever actually eaten at an Arby’s?

2 Likes

When I was in college I had a cat I got for my GF and when I’d drive home I’d bring the cat with me, every trip I’d stop at an Arby’s in Huntingon WVa and and I’d get a roast beef sandwich and split it with the cat. He loved that ish.

On another note, not quite fast food (it’s good food fast), but Waffle House highly underrated.

5 Likes

Okay that’s super sweet lol. I have no clue how my Arby’s is still open. It doesn’t matter what time of day, I NEVER see cars there. At this point I’m like 50% sure it’s just money laundering.

3 Likes

Huge Waffle House fan. In my time in C’ville the closest was in Staunton. Occasionally had to make the trek!

4 Likes

Hah thanks. That said I would not go to an Arby’s if given an option. Not a thing I crave or even consider.

1 Like

I used to get the 5 roast beefs for 5 bucks deal at Arby’s a long time ago. Then didn’t go there for years and years. Then they dropped the Diablo Dare sandwiches and I had to try them. The one I got was spicy as advertised (most places that advertise spicy are lying cause I can’t taste any spiciness at all).

Once was enough though. Spicy, but wasn’t that tasty.

4 Likes

Arby’s gyro with Jamocha shake … mmmm
Also their market fresh sandwiches are good.

1 Like

Thanks… in Istanbul? I go there for work sometimes.

1 Like

I had arbys at BWI before downing an absurd number of beers at the brewery because my flight got delayed. It was a… questionable decision

4 Likes

hah hope it was a short flight…

3 Likes

Arby’s is fine if I’m in the mood. I just rarely am.

Stand on my critique of In-N-Out, but have tons of friends who are also misguided fans.

Now if we want to talk sandwiches instead of burgers, two chains out here are excellent: Snarfs and Firehouse. Fantastic alternatives to the sterile fare at Subway. Only ever seen Snarfs locations in CO, but Firehouse is in some other Western states

2 Likes

And glad I wasn’t in the seat next to you!

3 Likes

Seems to be 5 in and around Constantinople. Don’t think it will taste quite the same as in the US since the meat is Halal for the Turkish locations.

1 Like

How has Whataburger not come up? If you haven’t had a Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit, you haven’t lived.

2 Likes