Bagels, Breakfast & Salads

Buchanan and Bliss sighting at Bodo’s

18 Likes

What was their order, this is really important.

9 Likes

Buchanan was a classic sausage breakfast sandwich on bagel guy, Bliss with the bagel and heavy cream cheese

10 Likes

Goddammit I knew BB was gonna be a star here, this just confirms it.

Bliss has me a bit worried with the cream cheese pick, but hey he’s got a redshirt year so still plenty of time to develop.

15 Likes

BB proly never seen an bagel before and Bliss from Queens so…

7 Likes

Both good points. I just can’t cosign cream cheese, never been a big fan.

I rarely get to hit Bodo’s for breakfast time but it’s typically a sausage egg and cheese on everything if I do.

5 Likes

I don’t care the time of day, I’m getting chicken salad with lettuce and tomato on my bagel. Probably no players making that order.

5 Likes

Imma bite your style next time at Bodos then. Also no love for cream cheese

1 Like

I dont hate that one but not for breakfast here. Somehow Bodos has the best OJ not in Brasil I ever had. Never understood how

2 Likes

And then if you get it to-go even if you’re eating there, the cheese melts while it’s wrapped up.

2 Likes

Big pastrami lettuce Mayo on an everything guy. That or deli egg

3 Likes

There’s still time to delete this and repent.

5 Likes

Found a place here in Richmond that is almost Bodo’s…not quite, but almost. Nate’s. And only live a block away.

3 Likes

Nate’s is very good. They used to have a bagel sandwich that was pimento and bacon that was excellent. Don’t think it’s on the menu anymore

2 Likes

If you’re in the Research Triangle, Isaac’s Bagels is the closest quality to Bodo’s I’ve been able to get.

And you’re all sleeping on the hummus + sausage + provolone on everything combo :wink:

2 Likes

killing it true detective GIF

9 Likes

Excited Fuck Yeah GIF
“But its called a bagel and cream cheese. How can someone not have cream cheese on a bagel?” It’s madness I tell ya!

3 Likes

Is there no one on this board from New York/New Jersey? Because Bodo’s may be a relatively good bagel in Virginia terms – and admittedly better than anything that was available when I was in school – but objectively, it’s absolutely mediocre.

Also: mayo with pastrami is an abomination.

7 Likes

I’ve lived in NYC for 15 years and I respectfully disagree. Had H&H, Ess-a-Bagel and any number of neighborhood spots and I’ll still take Bodo’s.

11 Likes

I’ve had a lot of New York bagels and I bake my own bagels. Bodos makes good stuff, in part because making bagels takes real estate and labor and labor and real estate costs are far lower in cville.

3 Likes