Bagels, Breakfast & Salads

Have had a lot of New York and New Jersey bagels - love them - but also still love Bodo’s. They’re different things. To me, all are delicious.

2 Likes

I’m with Ty Jerome that Bodo’s is overrated.

1 Like

10 Likes

New Jersey born and raised. Totally agree with @MaineWahoo I don’t really think of Bodos as “bagels”, but rather “delicious type of bread”. I basically view them like I would a ciabatta roll and dress them up with turkey, Swiss, and mustard regardless of the time of day.

4 Likes

NYC doesn’t know bagels. That’s just sewer water bread. They let Montreal out do them.

flame thrower fire GIF

5 Likes

Correct.

I’ve lived in/near Manhattan for the last 20 years and I can say with authority that the bagels and the pizza are massively overrated.

5 Likes

Montreal bagels - good
Bodos sandwiches - good
NYC fast casual salad - okay (that’s most of what I eat these days)

3 Likes

Any area of the country that doesnt recognise the OG as authentic Italian dining is overrated across the board in my book

1 Like

What the hell is a salad?

5 Likes

If it ain’t boiled, it ain’t a bagel.

4 Likes

My go to forever has been onion bagel, horseradish and mustard, roast beef, Muenster. Thank me later.

6 Likes

I’ve heard Ohio has the best Italian

8 Likes

Youve never been to Florence. South Carolina

3 Likes

Also Tubb’s for seafood

Wheat, barley + hops?

1 Like

Well step further. The F is an casual salad @haney ?

4 Likes

It’s a salad you don’t need to be committed to, like the one I eat before I eat a 22 oz bone in rib-eye, rare, with horseradish sauce and a side of creamed spinach.

Just kidding, I don’t don’t eat salad.

7 Likes

I think @haney needs to make distinctions between resort casual salad, business casual salad and just plain old everyday casual salad.

I suspect ordinary casual salad is probably dressed in Italian or Ranch dressing, whereas, resort casual salad probably is dressed with Thousand Island or a flavored vinaigrette. Business casual salad, maybe step out with a bit of flair and go Roquefort.

If we move up to formal salad, well I’d go with Caeser if it’s suit and tie, but simple oil and red wine vinegar if it’s black tie.

3 Likes

Before the severe dairy allergy:

Bacon egg and cheese on everything bagel and a plain bagel with cinnamon sugar and butter

Now: Bacon Egg on everything bagel (let me live in innocence if they use milk in their eggs) and a BLT with Hummus on plain.

5 Likes