Ben Vander Plas Announces for Virginia

20 Likes

Staff was extremely confident the second he hit the portal.

18 Likes

Awesome pickup for us!

5 Likes

Seemed like it the whole way

2 Likes

Welcome BVP!

6 Likes

Nice! I want players who want to play here. Including Kihei x 7… what does this say about McNeil?

4 Likes

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I think this could be a “good in the short term, bad in the long term” move for us.

I’d rather get Traudt more minutes

6 Likes
4 Likes

I’m interested to hear what type of role was pitched to him. We have at least 5 players competing for the minutes 4/5 spots. Lots of competition. Hope we still can work to develop the younger guys who need minutes.

3 Likes

I wanna get dubs.

5 Likes

Same.

If Traudt doesn’t see the absurd amount of PT available after this season with Gardner, BVP, and Papi leaving then he was never going to stay anyway

9 Likes

Doubt he would’ve committed if he didn’t expect to play a large role. We will find time for him and my guess is we see some creative lineups. Money is on Papi being the odd man out

11 Likes

Glad we got him. But now we’re gonna have to hear the backstory about him being named after the Bennett family… every. single. game.

18 Likes

Probably not as high in this as some on this board. He’s a solid addition and I’m glad he’s on the team but I don’t think this is some missing piece that changes the fortune of nxt yrs team.

8 Likes

That’s fair but I think a lot of the advantage of playing Traudt this year is trying to develop him for when we will actually compete in his sophomore and junior years.

2 Likes

The practice time against these experienced players will be invaluable!

12 Likes

Agreed

I’m more excited by BvP than McNeil. Complements Gardner, gives Traudt competition, and allows us depth upfront (small ball with Gardener, BvP, Traudt, Isaac M and Reece!!!). Excited by this - contrary to Paper, positive short term and long ( gives Traudt the chance to see what he needs to grow in and I think Traudt is probably a better perimeter defender than BvP).

14 Likes

No reason Traudt can’t end up beating papi for minutes

5 Likes