Ben Vander Plas Announces for Virginia

I plugged BVP into Torvik’s projection tool and it moved us up to 12th (from 15th).

15 Likes

I like this
Seems like a bucket getter
Just want dudes who can get buckets

18 Likes

Bingo!!

I imagine that there are all sorts of reasons that that won’t happen. I’m not saying it couldn’t happen, but I imagine that it is very, very unlikely. They are not nearly the same sort of player. I am reminded of those discussions years ago when there were those saying Jay Huff would take away all of Jack Salt’s minutes. That didn’t happen, either.

2 Likes

Question- will BVP be here for 2 years- Covid year. Second- what does this mean for McNeil?

Isn’t this his COVID year?

4 Likes

I don’t think it means anything for McNeil either way. Now getting further and further away from
our visit probably isn’t good.

2 Likes

Ben Vander Plas raises Virginia’s floor and ceiling for next season.

Dude scored 19+ points against Kentucky, Villanova, and Illinois. And, of course, torched Virginia for 17.

Confident Virginia returns to NCAA Tournament now.

So many weapons for CTB to use depending on matchups and hoo’s on fire.

15 Likes

BVP only has one year

5 Likes

So is everyone saying we would prefer Cody (no disrespect) over BVP as a sixth? Stop griping…it’s a great add

6 Likes

I’ll build on Dave92’s comment with a question - does Bennett’s story get more, less, or equal airplay to the Mike London gun to the temple story? Tough question…

1 Like
3 Likes

I bet BVP would’ve loved an offer from us out of HS. As it was, the 2017 class was Badocchi and Anthony. How would’ve fans reacted to getting a 0 star prospect now entering his 6th year in college? Probably a lot different than fans are reacting now…

3 Likes

Did K complain about the kids storming the court after?

4 Likes

I am not totally sure which lineup questions for next year BVP helps us answer, but— given the state of the overall basketball off-season so far— I welcome an actual wholesome situation with this kid getting to play for CTB.

7 Likes

Way back to the LRA early days. Just remembered this. First time I had seen him.

33 Likes

This is why you’re the best!

4 Likes

haha I don’t know about that but thanks

4 Likes

Sharing BVPs IG announcement from yesterday:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CctTqpjOY2D/?hl=en

16 Likes

HGN is absolutely the best. Doesn’t BS, doesn’t get people’s hopes up like lots of “insiders” out there. Just tells it like it is, no matter what everyone else is saying.
When my guy called the Hauser brothers splitting up, and the whole rest of the recruiting world insisted they were a lock for Wiscy, I knew right then, don’t question the man!

15 Likes