Best hair in uva hoops history

4 Likes

Too many variables here… best dorky? best overall? best midcareer crisis hair?

Guy, Perrantes and Diakite

3 Likes

I gotta go with my boy @DFresh11 kept it high tight and edged up. Mad props for that.

As someone who’s had dreadlocks for 20 yrs I’m shocked and hurt i dont have a counterpart on the Hoos.

5 Likes

wow unreal compliment from The Dragon. We took the fades seriously back then man. Bobby Bishop was the guy maybe? Also came home and edged it up after. Imma go with Tomas after seeing him in braids. way more versatile with his doo

9 Likes

No doubt I like that Tomas is willing to change it up with the hair. You don’t see that a lot anymore. Loved when Ben Wallace did it back in the day.

DFresh you kept your fade tight I give made props where props are deserved.

3 Likes

Keith Ennifer.

1 Like

But Shaggy Kehei is looking good in the Wahoops video that was just posted.

5 Likes

Matt Blundin’s crew cut might have been the difference in the win vs. Duke in 1990. From Feinstein:

blundin-crew-cut

@DFresh11 - I think you said a few months ago that the student haircuts happened at the NC State game, partly to honor Jimmy V after he was diagnosed with cancer? Anyway, I found out how bad I looked with a buzz cut.

3 Likes

Probably London for me but it is important to understand how much hate the man bun focused on Kyle. He could handle it though.

1 Like

We lack the counterfactuals to properly assess the causal mechanisms, but arguably Mamadi’s blond led to a national title, so …

ha you got one? Maybe i remembered it wrong cause i thought it was Jimmy V related but maybe not. Matty B total glue guy as well!

1 Like

Yeah, sure did. Maybe not the best style decision, but it grew back.

1 Like

My bad on this one and obviously no disrespect meant to V. I looked it up and he was diagnosed in 92 but I feel like I remember doing something for him as he was doing TV for some games of ours after he quit coaching at NC State. Thanks for finding that story and getting your cut!

4 Likes

London, Mamadi, KG. Only right answer. In that order

1 Like

Mamadi, because it set up this tweet, which still makes me laugh today: https://twitter.com/lebrownlow/status/1099380646697463808?s=21

1 Like

Big Bs hair Top 5

1 Like

Matt Blundin’s crewcut is a massive, massive oversight here. I mean Terry got one just because!

I don’t think V had been diagnosed with cancer yet. I was at that game and they were giving out free buzzcuts on the sidelines. V walked up, sat in the chair as if he was going to do it, then jumped out before the buzz could happen. Dude was pretty funny.

4 Likes

Best facial hair: Cain, no question. No one else could rock the stache. It went from “that has to be totally ironic” flipping 180 degrees back to 100% serious again.

Best hair I’m gonna go with Gerard, and London as a close second.

2 Likes

Hilarious, I had completely forgotten that about Valvano. He must have been in his last season or two of coaching at that point.

1 Like

It was V’s last season:

Sun, Feb 25, 1990 North Carolina State W 77 71 University Hall

1 Like