Best Podcasts outside LRA

Shocked by the results. Seriously expected to be the only one.

2 Likes

Legit never heard of it before I came on here.

2 Likes

I think they got really popular with UVa fans because Titus went all in on UVa back when he was just a writer (for Grantland, I guess), and then he stanned them pretty hard in the natty year. I still enjoy them, but like anything else that has to happen 2x per week, I can understand it getting stale.

Another hoops one I will plug is Sam Vecenie’s Game Theory. You can skip the NBA stuff if you’re not into it, but I find his view on college hoops to be among the more unique/interesting. He’s covering it more from an NBA draft perspective, which gives it a slightly different spin than you get from the ones more focused on college hoops.

I always want to like Jordan Sperber’s podcast, but youtube / video is a much better platform for anything Xs/Os.

4 Likes

Extra credit if you know who Titus n Tates agent/ producer is

1 Like

Agent - no idea, but I know their producer is Jim Cunningham who’s got a demented sense of humor, who they brought with them from The Ringer. He was their Donda correspondent for a while (RIP Donda)

I think BJ Armstrong somehow

3 Likes

Oh right. Tate works with him on another project or two, I think. That’s why Tate tells one of my favorite stories: Scott Skiles hosting BJ on a recruiting trip, and telling BJ not to go there (Mich St) because he wouldn’t be able to beat him out for PT. Ha ha!

2 Likes

Skiles was niiiice

2 Likes

Basketball specific podcasts or more general interest?

The answer is the same: podcasts are bullshit. It’s just people talking. There’s already way too much of that in the world.

2 Likes

Hold up… you actually talk to people by voice?

2 Likes

Uh…no.

3 Likes

I like Titus and Tate but get why people may get tired of the schtick at times…

One I’d recommend that Tate did on his own and released late last year was The World of Five-Star. More of a podcast documentary. Tells the story of the origins and ultimate demise of the Five-Star camp.

For history buffs, Real Dictators is pretty well done. Tells the history of various dictators around the world.

For some sports and comedy, Charles Barkley and Ernie Johnson’s The Steam Room is pretty good.

3 Likes

Real Dictators I gotta check out. You are scaring me with The Steam Room shit my man! Hahaha

3 Likes

Haha. It’s just the title. No discussion of steam rooms. Just sports and interviews of folks who may or may not be tied to sports. The origin for the title was this segment from the Inside the NBA. Pretty funny/awkward story.

6 Likes

Yea I love watchin these guys

3 Likes

Holy shit I just watched it. Haahaahah. Incredible

3 Likes

Yeah. Died laughing the first time I saw that clip.

3 Likes

Where is the Jwilly Show on at?

Man I have no clue. I just jump on live and ask a couple questions. I will get better at knowing these things

Edit: ok I proly wont get better but I apologise

3 Likes

The video version is on the LRA Facebook page. I know the audio version is posted to Locker Room Access on Apple podcasts app at least. Not sure what other platforms it may be on.