Best Podcasts outside LRA

Thanks, I’ll find it. Got to hear the Fresh question of the week

2 Likes

Hardcore History is up there too for history podcasts

4 Likes

Anytime KG is on “All the Smoke” it’s worth a listen…dude is nutz with his stories…

3 Likes

That’s actually how I discovered the podcast heard a clip of him telling a story and was like I need to hear more.

1 Like

The Message Board Geniuses podcast is pretty solid, and there’s a UVA connection as one of the hosts is the guy who runs the HoosFootball Twitter account. They make fun of the crazy, outrageous musings of message board posters from across the world of college football (so mostly SEC and Ohio State content :grinning:) but there’s some UVA mentions and gratuitous shots at Hokies too. I’d definitely recommend.

9 Likes

Revolutions is another great history podcast.

3 Likes

I’m not a pod person but I’m definitely gonna check that out now. MB geniuses is a hilarious twitter follow, and I had no idea the Hoos Football guy was involved. Great follow too.
https://twitter.com/HoosFootball

2 Likes

Yall have time to listen to podcasts? I remember when I did too, used to listen to a lot of @IAmBallHawk Ball Hawk Show.

5 Likes

@HoozGotNext Kyle Guy/Virginia section of Good Guy, Bad Guy, Cal’s Guyz, Kyle Guy starts at time stamp 45:50… on todays’ pod…

5 Likes

I very rarely listen to podcasts. But every now and then I listen to an ep of Lexicon Valley.

2 Likes

Celtics have tons of content which I listen to at least once or twice a week …usually The Garden Report

Titus and Tate are leaving Fox. Will be interested to see where they go. Hopefully they keep the Kyle Guy segment wherever they end up.

6 Likes

Sounds like their next show is still Monday, so they have something lined up. And they said their podcast name is the same and all, so I’m guessing they still have the rights to all their stuff. Just wonder if they got a better offer from somewhere else or if they’re striking out on their own or what.

4 Likes

Curious to see their new platform… and yeah, the Kyle Guy, good guy, etc stuff predated Fox so I assume they’ll be able to keep it up.

5 Likes

Welp, for anyone who cares, looks like Titus and Tate is dead. Titus just appeared to announce on Twitter that he’s doing a new show for Barstool. No mention of Tate.

Still don’t really understand how that all went down, as they assured folks after they left Fox that nothing was going to change. Just makes me sad. I know they’re not for everyone, but they were one of the only podcasts I listen to. Loved working outside pruning trees or shoveling snow catching up on episodes I’d missed.

Anyway… guess I’ll try and force stupid 3 Man Weave down my throat again. God they’re so unexciting. But I have to listen to something going to work.

12 Likes

Yeah. They definitely said things wouldn’t change. I can see Titus making a show work on his own with guests. As they defined big “J” journalism, Tate is probably better for that if he’s on his own in my opinion.

3 Likes

Yeah, bummer. For national college hoops pods, I thought theirs was the best mix of entertainment, humor, hoops insight, and some fawning over Virginia, mixed in for good measure. Not as stoked for solo Titus or bro Titus (there was always like ~33% bro, but I assume he will play up the bro, given the platform - maybe I’m wrong tbh, I’ve always avoided the platform, though a buddy said he used to hang out with Big Cat and said he was an ok dude … Portnoy – what you’d expect). 3MW has not much entertainment value. CBS (Parrish/Norlander) is the opposite – very little actual hoops insight. DTF is okay … Titus with his UVa schtick and Tate with his ACC background were always the most likely to talk UVa hoops, even in relative down years (like last year). Also - Jim Cunningham was a great addition, and very funny. Oh well, sunrise sunset. (Yeah, that’s a Fiddler on the Roof reference)

9 Likes

Tbh seems like Titus had outgrown CBB to an extent. Being pigeonholed was limiting his career. Probably wants to do more stuff like that college football tour he did with Charlotte Wilder a couple years ago. People have their opinions on barstool but hard to argue it’s not one of the better platforms for a more general reach

Interested to hear how it went down behind the scenes. Really like to think of Titus as a good guy so I hope he didn’t screw Tate over in this series of decisions

2 Likes

Yeah honestly I could see it being something like barstool wanted Titus but didn’t want to just run back the same CBB show with him and Tate. And so Tate got kinda shoved to the side

3 Likes

Only thing there is that Tate has done other content too. He was on some football podcasts and stuff a while back at the Ringer I think. Don’t think he can only talk CBB.

I also certainly hope Titus didn’t screw over Tate. Leaving Fox together, saying they were striking out on their own and doing it together, then there being weeks of silence followed by Titus announcing his own show certainly doesn’t look good. Also noticeable that Tate hasn’t promoted Titus’ show or congratulated him on Twitter (although maybe that will come).

I realize I shouldn’t care about this stuff, but having listened to them for years, it bothers me. I personally hope they get back together at some point, but I guess all good things must come to an end.

5 Likes