Big 10 proposes immediate eligibility for transfers

Im tu real for public sites. Thats why they say I troll. My posting is tu direct and hard. Anyway Go Hoos. Arizona St winnimg agsinst Oregon was huge for us. GO HOOS

What is your other forum, TUGARD?

Hey @TUGARD. Please dont take this as me preaching at you. Im a bit of a newby here, and I have read all of your comments over the past month or two and just wanted to share with you what I noticed. Hopefully you take this the right way. Thanks.

First, I just want to say your opinions are 100% welcome here. But you have to realize that an opinion usually is not a fact. There’s lots of conjecture from everyone on what the future results of this new rule would bring. Usually with situations like this when we are all trying to guess the future, we are all right and wrong at the same time. However, its usually a question of who is more right, and who is more wrong? You may in fact be the most “right” person here…I dont know, we are speculating on a future event and I am not a psychic or God. I think you have a pattern of butting heads with people online because you think that you are “Tu real”. I’ll take that to mean you think you are just too honest, and the rest of us on this forum “sugar coat” our opinions so we don’t offend each other. I can tell you this is not the reality, because I hear people disagree and offer alternative opinions all the time including myself. I think the difference is you believe your opinions are fact and therefor you use blunt phrases like

However, you don’t back up your straightforward statements with facts that prove 100% that someone is “So wrong”. You may have some good circumstantial evidence perhaps to support your opinion, however I’m willing to bet others also have some good circumstantial evidence to support theirs. So to be so blunt and controversial might mean “being real” to you, but to many of us who are the recipients of your words, it just comes across as condescending. Another quick example:

I know you gave an explanation for this phrase. I didnt fully understand your explanation. But its pretty hard to take this phase to mean something other than “Remove your blinders” or “take your head out of the sand”. Perhaps you didnt mean it like this, and if you didnt, I think you got a bit sloppy with your words.

Just some advice. I dont use phrases like “You are so wrong” or “get your head out of the sand” online when I have an opinion unless I know 100% for sure I am in fact right and can back it up with facts that prove I am undeniably correct(an extremely tough thing to do when attempting to predicting the future). Very rarely do I brake out these blunt “in you face” style phrases online because I am “being real” with myself and humbly admitting that I am simply a regular, average man with an opinion that I believe to be true. And just because I have a belief does not make it fact, even if you back it up with good circumstantial evidence. That is what “being real” truly is.

Also, I think you have one other misconception about this forum. I feel like you repetitively imply that we are a bunch of elitist who are unaccepting of people who give their honest opinions.

I am fairly new to this forum and received nothing but good vibes from all of the members. Heck, shamefully I haven’t even been to a UVA basketball game before! However, everyone on this forum has been very open and welcoming to my simple basic questions. I really appreciate those who participate in this forum, because there are lots of people posting with above average UVA basketball knowledge and connections(including you @TUGARD), however they still welcome a simple fan like myself because we all love UVA basketball and want to discuss our passion more. So if you experience a little push back from your comments it is not because the people on this forum think they are elitist or better than you.

Lastly, when communicating online, you all know its not like the real world. @TUGARD you may actually be a big lovable teddy bear who has a sarcastically funny personality. But we dont get to read that part of you because all we see are black and white words. So since you do not see us face to face the only thing left to read is your text and therefor your text carries more weight.

So @TUGARD, I hope you will keep posting. Ive read every single one of your comments thus far and really enjoy nearly everything that you have to say. You have lots of great content to add and I have a strong feeling you know a lot more about the details of this basketball program than I do. I honestly would be disappointed if you quit posting or posted less. I think everyone on here appreciates varied opinions and points of view including yours. So stick with us! And I mean that genuinely. I have this forum on my bookmarks and check it twice a day. So the more content the better. Thanks

9 Likes

We need to get @Daniel_G to a game at JPJ

6 Likes

And we may also need @TUGARDs stock picks! hahhahaa. keep em comin Tu

2 Likes

He’s not wrong about this. I’m just a dude on twitter and been asked by parents or AAU coaches a bunch of times about a kid potentially transferring or decommitting. You think UVA would want him? lol

There would be more transfers no doubt. I don’t know. I just don’t think it’ll be the Armageddon some seem to believe.

3 Likes

@Daniel_G you should share more of your own story. Definitely one of the most dedicated UVA basketball fans out there. Glad you’re hanging with us here at LRA!!

7 Likes

@DFresh11 So Im currently abroad until March 1st…So the Louisville game would be my only shot. Guessing it would be an expensive ticket since it is the final home game and Louisville. Any idea what a nose bleed ticket would go for?

1 Like

ah ok. I have no idea but plan to be there that game. maybe can come up with something.

Sorry to be nosy… military?

2 Likes

You CAN’T find many with a better program than UVA. Senior error, lol

3 Likes

Stubhub’s usually pretty cheap day of the game

2 Likes

HGN was asking for me to share a few details of my story, so Im going to do that today.

5 Likes

Ok, so just look that morning before the game? Or do you think that it could be sold out by that time?

Yeah and check it periodically throughout the day

2 Likes

On free agency: “Now where we’re going, I think we’re going to free agency,” said Brey, the president of the National Association of Basketball Coaches Board of Directors. “[C]oaches don’t want that…"

On raiding other teams’ rosters: “(Michigan State head coach) “[Tom Izzo] had a very impassioned speech one day in one of our spring meetings as this was trending this way—and now the waivers have put us in this position,” Brey offered. “He said ‘We’re going to be stealing off of each other. Recruiting off of each other’s rosters’.”

Revisiting the impact on Virginia: Guys who think they aren’t going to get much playing time next year may opt to leave, now including guys who sat for a redshirt year. If the rules were in place now, would guys like McKoy and Stattmann think about their options?

They barely play this year. Next year looks worse: Bennett’s not going a lot more than 8 deep, and you’ve got Hauser, Huff, Clark, Abdur-Rahim, Caffaro, Beekman, Morsell, and Woldetensae. That’s eight. Add in McCorkle and Shedrick needing developmental minutes.

Now, it’s in Virginia’s best interest to keep them. You might think, “Hey, if they go, we can just recruit better players by raiding other rosters!”

But that’s wrong. They are developing their games, and learning the system. They’re ideal roleplayers in their 3rd and 4th years. That has been the Virginia Model. Think of guys like Mamadi Diakite and Jay Huff. Would they have thought about leaving at the end of their second years? Where would we be now without them? Our big men especially take a long time to develop.

Now, flash forward: if Virginia can no longer slowly develop role players, the Virginia Model has to change. It also means the developmental redshirt won’t have the ‘glue’ factor – meaning that you couldn’t transfer after redshirting without burning a year of eligibility. Now you can redshirt at Virginia, play one year, and leave. That’s a tremendous investment by Virginia out the window.

So maybe there’s more risk than I initially thought.

5 Likes

Stattmann and McKoy are totally different situations. For Stattmann Jabri coming in next year and TB looking for a big guard/wing in 21 I could see him moving on at some point. In 21 at the moment the only bigs are Caffaro, Shedick and McKoy so I think he sees a route to playing time and who on the roster the next couple years could guard a Nolley type player. Plus just look at McKoy’s face. He absolutely loves being at UVA.

5 Likes

Incredibly true… I mean look at him on the bench during games- He’s the best!

4 Likes

Just to be clear: I’m not speculating on them leaving!

I’m saying players in their situations under the new rules would have plenty of options and low barriers to leaving.

3 Likes

Also those three bigs are the backups next year. I see them all playing based on the opponent. Caffaro vs UNC, McKoy vs VT & Shedrick vs who knows? We don’t know what his game will look like next year but we assume he eventually has the highest ceiling.

2 Likes

I find it crazy that some dont see this new rule as a huge issue. But I will sit back and say TUGARD, why these people dont listen tu you.

1 Like