Blake Buchanan announces for UVA

9 Likes

In today’s game, you either need to be able to score in the paint with a high degree of accuracy or shoot the 3 with reasonable accuracy (35%).

2 Likes

My bad, I did see that, but awesome to see it again!

1 Like

That is now one of my favorite gifs

1 Like

That’s basketball 101. Lol especially for very good to elite players.

1 Like

Here was my post a long time ago on this exact thought…

1 Like

Yes, I’ve seen people go through the math. The mid range shot doesn’t make a lot of sense unless that’s all you have to work with. Focus on guys who can shoot 3s and score around the rim at a high rate of efficiency. On defense, take away the paint and have some long perimeter guys that can bother three point shooters.

And . . . I need to stick to my day job.

5 Likes

Well, annoyingly, in what was apparently a nice weekend for Buchanan, the only game that was uploaded to youtube that I can find is probably the one he wants to completely forget. Absolutely nothing was working for him on either end.

The one positive thing I can say from this game is his mobility definitely shines through. Moves very well.

If anyone finds an upload of one of his good games from this weekend, let me know! Would love to check it out.

3 Likes

That was his last game of the weekend they got around to posting the box score the last day or so.

5 Likes

2-9 and 0-1 from deep. Dude is make for Virginia basketball.

14 Likes

You forgot the 3 turnovers and 1 assist

Kody stattman type numbers

3 Likes

Hey at least he had 3 blocks.

2 Likes

Proves he is Virginia ready, Defense on lock, offense comes and goes.

4 Likes

Uh, well, having watched the game as I was falling asleep last night, I wouldn’t exactly say the defense was on lock, but it was certainly better than the offensive end. Also, one of those fouls was an offensive foul resulting in a turnover when his team was up 1 with like 7 seconds to go. They ended up losing after the turnover.

Anyway, he had a good weekend overall, but as I was watching this game the words “red shirt” kept flashing in my brain. But there’s a ton of time between now and when he arrives at UVA, and he was probably wiped from all the previous games in the weekend. So would be dumb of me to read too much into one game.

7 Likes

FWIW I have no opinion on Buchanan. I don’t follow recruiting and prospects. I don’t even know when his supposed to arrive on grounds (next aug?) I just feel like stirring the pot today. So I’m not saying he can’t play just having some fun picking apart an isolated state line.

4 Likes

If by AUG you mean mid-JUN 2023 then yes.

Whatever

By august we’ll have already overreacted to an 8 second video in the hoops Instagram where he yams it on Shedrick and then shoots a 3 on the next play (although it will cut before we see it go in)

13 Likes

Hah true.

Shedrick will still be a Hoo in 23? Geez when guys stick at UVA they stay around forever.

2 Likes
  • Best way to say dunk on someone
  • Yam or Flush

0 voters

2 Likes