Blue/White scrimmage discussion

Question I’m surprised no one has asked is which good samaritan LRA poster is going to be attending the BW scrimmage on Saturday and offering up the juicy tidbits we’ll all be craving?

I look forward to getting the kids down Saturday night and reading through whatever crude PBP I can find followed by whatever randomly assorted highlights are approved into circulation. From there I’ll start forming the hottest of takes about player contributions, lineups, our floor/ceiling, and anything else I can read into. One of my favorite traditions!

3 Likes

I’ll be there but my takes aren’t going to tell you much. I believe my takes last year included “I saw JWilly buying some chicken tenders” so expect more of the same incisive insights

12 Likes

So no real-time box score streaming?

1 Like

Same.

Since you’re keeping everyone updated on the concession preferences of the coaching staff, I’ll keep everyone updated on who has the longest autograph line post game.

Well, 2nd longest. Longest will be TB, but 80% will be 35-55 year old women.

4 Likes

Schedule of Events
12:30 p.m. – Doors open
12:45-1:15 p.m. – Men’s Autograph Session
1:30-2:30 p.m. – Women’s Scrimmage
2:30-3:30 p.m. – Men’s Scrimmage
3:30-4 p.m. – Women’s Autograph Session

16 Likes

So I’ll be there- and I will try to be as detailed as possible. May hit a winery or brewery afterwards and explore a bit of the “Food Scene” in Charlottesville. Didn’t we have an Off-Topic post about restaurants, bars, pubs that are must goto’s while there?

Edit: Here is the link- Charlottesville Food Scene - #10 by GulfCoastHoo

7 Likes

I’ll be there and I can give you my updates now:

No orange
I’m so glad Tina is gone

12 Likes

Might be like last year where I go out of spite last second.

TBD as of now. May have reherniated a disc I had surgery on 6 years ago. Pretty brutal pain in some positions (like going from lying to standing) but that might even add more to the spite of me going last second. Damn you no streams and Tony B

12 Likes

I am enjoying the thought of you in the audience, slightly unhinged, yelling “I am in pain Tony! Real pain! I could have been watching this from my couch. Why do you hate us? STREAM THE GAME!” before security drags you out.

(In all seriousness, hope the back feels better. That really sucks)

12 Likes

Only up to 55? I mean, Tony is 54.

BTW, I will be there, so between those of us who are there we should be able to get some info out. I will be with friends and don’t want to be rude, but I will try to explain the polite requests of the LRA community.

10 Likes

I’ll be there—10 likes and I’ll take notes haha.

How much trouble would I get in if I recorded the scrimmage on my phone then posted the video after the game?

10 Likes

I’ll be there, and I always take notes :smirk:

Here are some of my notes from last year which I’d say aged fairly well (although they aren’t super bold or anything lol)

19 Likes

Wow I remember this

Should I drive up on Saturday; it’s law school fall break all next week

1 Like

Obviously

3 Likes

I remember the 2017 scrimmage. Hunter looked straight up bad, and Huff looked like the second coming of Porzingis in his prime.

Don’t put too much stock in scrimmage performance.

Afterward was able to get Hunter’s signature because no one was lined up at his table. Everyone at Huffs. Lol.

15 Likes

I remember Isaiah WIlkins senior year he popped off in the scrimmage and I was like “he’s finally asserting himself offensively. We need that scoring in the front court”… lol.

Last year I was like “Dunn is super athletic but very raw. I agree with @rushdacote that Bond is way more advance and the less likely redshirt candidate since he can help our team immediately” lol. Also thought McKneely was solid but didn’t really force the issue much and Reece wasn’t doing much. Thought Armaan looked really good but later learned it was “Armani” who showed up that day. And Traudt hit everything. Kadin looked bigger but still had no post scoring (was being defend by Dunn and even Bond at times). And Yeah Jayden slimmer was my note too @paperboy

7 Likes

I think there’s a thing where guys feel like they have to prove they have taken a step in whatever dimension they were supposed to. Sometimes that yields cool things but sometimes it’s just forcing the issue.

3 Likes

You won’t get in any trouble for recording on your phone since you’re a civilian. I think they catch people that cover the Hoos like Jacquie from 247 and actually enforce the “no recording” rule. A couple years ago EmbraceThePace on twitter recorded basically the entire scrimmage and posted it on instagram. That was greatly appreciated.

10 Likes

Pretty much nailed it except for the part about traudt missing his girlfriend

5 Likes