Boston College Game Thread

Hey all, figured I’d put the game thread up now. No preview for today’s game on the blog. I’m slammed with work today, but there will be a post game recap and observations article on the blog following tonight’s game.

6 Likes

Don’t sweat it Zach. Appreciate all you do around here!!

3 Likes

It won’t exactly be a preview but I’ll take a shot with a few notes on BC.

They come in at 8-6 overall, 2-1 in the ACC with wins vs Wake and at Notre Dame. Duke beat them 88-49 on New Year’s Eve.

They were dealt a tough blow when would be soph guard Wynston Tabbs was lost for the season with a knee injury. He averaged 14 per game as a freshman

Star senior big man Nik Popovic has missed their last 5 games with injury. It’s not known if he’ll play tonight.

With Popovic, it’s a pretty traditional lineup. If he’s out, they’ve been sliding freshman forward CJ Felder in there giving them a smaller look with 3 forwards that could all be interchangeable.

Other key players:

PG Derryk Thornton (Sr) Former Dukie at his third college is their leading scorer at 13.3ppg

SG Jay Heath (Fr) Explosive guard averaging 12 per game. Out of DC, he and Morsell have gone head to head before.

SF Jairus Hamilton (So) Combo forward was a big recruiting win, averaging 8ppg 4rpg

PF Steffon Mitchell (Jr) A glue guy type, team leader in rebounds (8.7) and steals (2.4)

3 Likes

It sounds like they will be without Thornton tonight.

1 Like

No Popovic or Thornton. Very young shorted handed Eagles tonight.

2 Likes

Sticking with the same starters. Clark Morsell Kody Key Mamadi

According to Dave Koehn, BC’s Steffon Mitchell is playing through the flu.

1 Like

Hope I can find it to watch

Boston College has not been too impressive this season, but a few games ago they edged out a gritty win against Notre Dame. Hopefully they do not do the same tonight.

Two fouls on mamadi under 1 minute?

1 Like

Really unhelpful early on the road.

Now 2 on Jay…

Atrocious defense so far. Slow on close outs, lazy in help defense. Second foul on Mamadi was questionable, but we’ve just come out flat

1 Like

That’s about as bad a start as you could have. Missing shots is one thing. Letting them into the paint so easily and giving up 2nd chances is another. Very lucky to not be down double digits.

1 Like

On the plus side, everybody that’s been yelling for Caffaro and McKoy are bound to get it with the bigs already in foul trouble.

1 Like

Very interesting lineup right now

Gonna need a lot of Braxton tonight.

1 Like

IMO, if this keeps up think it’s worth playing Mamadi for like 4 minutes around the 10 minute mark to solidify things. Gotta trust him, need his spark

2 Likes

Going ultra small here. Guess you’d call McKoy the center.

Brax may have to score 30.

1 Like