BR Posters

Really enjoyed working with Ben. He’s very creative and, fortunately for me, quite patient.

2 Likes

Thanks!

I haven’t posted my work on here in a while, but I thought I’d share this one. This is one I’ve been working on for a long time, and it’s been a dream of mine to make. I love this quote so much. Super happy with how this came out. I’m printing out a big poster of this and putting it on my wall. Enjoy, and GO HOOS!!!

9 Likes

It’s an all time quote, for sure.

Anyone interested in buying one of these? Big poster, small poster, any size. If you don’t want this design I can print any other one too. Comment here or send me a message if you’re interested. Go Hoos!

2 Likes

I haven’t been posting on this site much recently, so most of you probably don’t know who I am, so I’ll reintroduce myself. My name is Ben Rekosh (you might know me as @br.dsgns), and I’m a 15 year old graphic designer from Charlottesville and I’m a massive UVA fan. I’ve done some work with LRA, and I also do a bunch of stuff myself. Here is a link to my Instagram if you’d like to check anything out.

Ok, now let’s get to why I’m posting on here for the first time in a long time. A thing I like to do additionally to making my art digitally is printing out hardcopy versions of my work. With that said, if YOU would like to get a hardcopy version of my art to put on your wall (or wherever you want to put it) I sell them too. Any sizes and any of my designs - if you really want, we could create a custom poster too. Just send me a message or reply to this if you’re interested! I’d be happy to work something out with you.

In the past, I’ve worked with the great people, such as @DFresh11, @BDragon, and @mgzh, on this website on custom posters, and they’ve all’ve been very happy.

You may ask me: isn’t it a little selfish to come back just to promote yourself? And then, I would answer yes.

But, if you or someone you know are looking for a great Christmas gift just send me a message and let’s work something out!

GO HOOS
-Ben

8 Likes

Ben can promote on here anytime! He’s helped build LRA.

8 Likes

Really appreciate you, dude. You’re one of the OGs too

5 Likes

Ben is a superb designer. I’ve been on LRA for several months and have continually been impressed with his work.

2 Likes

Thanks! I really appreciate all your support

Love the Cavalanche :wink:

3 Likes

No doubt Ben did an excellent job on that one. I have it hanging on my office wall.

1 Like

Tony be like “SOMEBODY GET BACK ON DEFENSE!”

4 Likes

Yep, great Cavalanche poster. I’ll look into ordering one, too!

If anyone is remotely interested in a rare bit of self-credit, perhaps my only tiny contribution to Virginia Basketball might be “Cavalanche” back in 2015, so it’s always fun to see.

Our team those years just buried people in a really interesting way. Not blowing them out, but often just reaching that moment in a 3 or 4-minute stretch when it was all over.

If you can forgive the slightly-forced writing and somewhat awkward juxtaposition of skiing and basketball as I tried to come up with something in the middle of a game several years ago, here’s what I wrote - please don’t judge!:slight_smile:

Mar 17, 2016

The Cavalanche:

The victims are confident, seemingly effortlessly making smooth turns down the slopes (court) with no fear of falling.

They hear a distant rumble, but pay no heed as the fun continues, with shots falling and a few lucky bounces going their way. We miss some easy shots, keeping the score deceivingly close.

The rumble grows, the victims stop, look around, but can’t see. Their eyes widen and ears perk as a few shots stop falling, get blocked, and passes are knocked away.

We score a few baskets. There is now a distinct charge in the air. We’re up 6-8, but nothing that they can’t overcome.

Finally, they turn and see a huge wall breaking off a distant cornice, but the sound still follows. At this point, they don’t know what path that wall, tumbling, gaining power, and swallowing whole stands of trees, will take as it clears its chute.

They keep moving, eyes darting constantly around, fearful as traps swallow them, shots are taken too quickly, and passes are short-armed. A three on our end, a steal and breakaway dunk. A Brogdon drive and Perrantes dagger. The lead is now 12.

Then, total destruction. The wall had turned, but they couldn’t see it as they had frantically tried to stay afoot with the snow swarming underneath. Sheer power, a Nolte three, the deafening roar of a Gill dunk.

Then…silence…darkness…and burial.

6 Likes

Now THAT is interesting and very insightful. Thanks for the info

1 Like

Ordered a poster from Ben today… BEST Christmas gift.

Look forward to working with him on a custom design soon!

1 Like

I sent my kids your Instagram site in case they have any Xmas ideas with a hint that I might like the Cavalanche one. Up to them, but thought I’d mention it. Great work on all of them!

Thanks, guys!