CALEB HOUSTAN

Bennett’s tutoring and playing “D” in the pack-line, will assist him in this endeavor. You are correct, he is seen as anything from a big guard to a 4.

Similar to Michael Porter Jr??

Porter was a more explosive athlete, and had better ball skills. Houstan’s ball skills are about on par with Dre when he arrived. Great if you can iso him with some space to operate but you don’t want him handling in traffic. Of course, Houstan is an ELITE shot maker, which neither of those guys were at this stage.

3 Likes

What time is the cut?

They didn’t give a time yet. Whatever slot Tipton fits him in I guess. haha

4 Likes

It’s getting late CALEB HOUSTAN

The announcement is tomorrow, correct?

8 Likes

Well I’m feeling a tad bit silly right now

5 Likes
19 Likes

No UNC or Gonzaga :eyes:. Hopefully Patrick Baldwin commits to Duke to officially take them out of the running.

3 Likes

We have a great chance here! Great chance!! He could choose any of the four. However, I will be surprised it it’s Duke!

5 Likes

Quote from Houstan about Virginia from Eric Bossi’s 24/7 article: “I think the relationship with them stands out.” Plus other very glowing words that I won’t quote here. As others have said, we really have a shot here. Maybe Houstan will be CTB’s first 5 star?

14 Likes

I’m a little surprised at Duke over UNC. Probably plays to our hand better that way, but I’m so sick of seeing Duke in general that I was almost rooting for UNC in this case.

Over Duke, of course, not us :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This is really going to get interesting!!

1 Like

Oh wow Bossi left rivals for 24/7. Does rivals have anyone left for basketball?

1 Like

Brad Franklin seems to cover Hoos hoops.

1 Like

Is Houstan a one and done type talent, or a 2-3 year player?

1 Like

Oh yea Brad is great. Just meant for their national guys. Just lost Evans a month or so ago and now Bossi is gone too.

3 Likes

Suddenly some good buzz with Houstan. Lots of mystery still, but people believe there’s a real chance.

17 Likes

I just read it (slow day at work/mostly reading UNC boards for their meltdowns but it isn’t that satisfying). You say we are the only school in the top 4 recruiting him as a guard. Does that mean Houstan and Kaufman together is still on the table?

4 Likes