⛹ Christian Bliss - Official Thread

Magic Johnson is bigger?

5 Likes

A lot of gratitude expressed in that announcement video to his family and coaches that helped him. Spent the most time on that.

Virginia just got another high character person in Christian Bliss.

Great win for all involved.

24 Likes

This feels like the best recruiting run Tony’s ever had. 6 top targets and 1 “project” with high upside in the past 3 targets so far. Not to mention rhode with 3 years left!

19 Likes

This is awesome. Now get to work Christian

11 Likes

https://twitter.com/CoachWillyUVA/status/1674901549372301312

31 Likes

Miami and Xavier aren’t blue bloods, but that’s a pool we usually don’t win against. Big get whenever Tony gets his first choice!

14 Likes

I was surprised at the stories calling Bliss a three-star who is outside the Top 100. But I think that says more about those rating services than it does about Bliss. Tony’s track record is pretty good when he locks in on someone under the radar, and gets a commitment before anyone else catches on.

12 Likes

Bliss is a 5 star top 10 recruit in Tony’s eyes

Playstyle fit + culture fit + Roster fit = $$$$$$$$. Also Bliss is a way better athlete and shooter than others have made him out to be. And he can actually get his shot off quick, just when he’s open he’ll take time to wind up that 3pter.

21 Likes

I trust Tony’s judgment more than the number of stars. However before this past season nobody knew who he was and he had no stars and no ranking

3 Likes

15 Likes

There’s also the potential for strong hair game. Definitely a plus.

14 Likes

Given the fact that Bliss was pursued by Virginia, Villanova, Miami, and Xavier, what I imagine his ratings say are that he didn’t blossom until this past winter. If he had played last summer as he did this past spring, he would be rated considerably higher. Ratings are about timing as much as anything.

11 Likes

Christian Bliss looks like I had AI create Ty Jerome with Kihei hair.

17 Likes

Hello -

I seem to recall after a HGN update I stated that we were way behind on Bliss and unlikely to be able to make up ground. For those who suggested I was wrong, you were right. I was wrong. A great job by Tony to make up ground and turn this around!

I know I do the superstitious thing and never, ever suggest we’ll land a recruit we want. It’s usually pretty obvious when I am doing that. The post I’m referring to above wasn’t that. I was serious and am now very pleasantly surprised.

I just like to make it clear when I’m wrong because if you aren’t willing to admit when you’re wrong you have no credibility, even when you’re right.

Those who believed, you are to be congratulated!!

35 Likes

I just felt like we needed to get him on grounds.

Once the date was set, had a feeling TB would close.

7 Likes

Right on target IMO!! And his rating will improve with the play this Spring and I bet this Summer.

4 Likes

Bravo! No one admits when they are wrong anymore

12 Likes

Since I tend to be pessimistic about recruiting, I like being wrong. I really like being wrong.

6 Likes

I’m wrong a lot…. Ahhh that felt good!!

3 Likes

I was wrong once… once

9 Likes