Class of 2022 Recruiting Thread

Up to the player. Can answer or return them later. Most of these are just simple texts to say hey we’re aware of you, look forward to seeing you soon etc. I think some head coaches pre-arrange the late night calls through 3rd parties, appointments basically.

4 Likes

Tu be honest all these post mean nothing. I personally know four kids thats been mentioned and three told me UVA is not a school they are interested in. I just saw one kid last weekend. There was a time that they called UVA, Virginia College or didnt know the difference between VCU and UVA OR Tech. I use tu get pissed LOL. But now they know UVA. But all the coaches are saying is, we like your game, we hear great things about you and will like tu build a relationship and share about our program and staff. All of this mean nothing UNTIL they visit or get an offer. VA Tech, Memphis and Vanderbilt probably contacted 100 kids.

5 Likes

I agree with TU. All this stuff would make you head spin if you try to take it seriously. We have a young deep team right now with the possibility of picking a stud or 2 in 2021 so trying to get a handle now on the 2022 recruits is probably a waste of time. They will probably be looking for a PG that year and there seems to be quite a few in the area but we will have to see who TB likes which will be clearer in the fall.

Yes please

2 Likes

Kihei?

5 Likes

I am quite confident that CTB and staff only see basketball players and prospective student-athletes, not skin color.

4 Likes

Sure… I’ll give you Kihei… but some classify Pacific Islander different than Asian… others do not. I suppose it’s all just semantics.

2 Likes

I 100% agree!

2 Likes

This is just getting obscene really. There’s never been anywhere close to this many UVA mentions on June 15th.

https://twitter.com/BretFavachio275/status/1272569745208983558

3 Likes

What I get from this is that Air Force is making some moves!!

Virginia 2022 recruits

I found the link above. Shows highlights of various 2022 virginia talents

1 Like

Interesting part in all this is there are no Tony Bennett mentions. Pretty sure most if not all these are just nice to meet you texts. I had heard to expect a lot of names but damn. This day is a blur for kids. They don’t remember anything about the conversations, one after another. But they keep track of who they hear from. This might be a smart way to play it. Just get on all the day 1 lists.

2 Likes

YES. we have him…Kihei

4 Likes

Aire is a big man from Bishop McNamara (MD)

Mentions UVA contacting Jaden Bradley (IMG) and MJ Rice (Oak Hill) They’re both cream of the crop guards from NC.
https://www.si.com/college/recruiting/basketball/ncaa-unlimited-contact-june-15-skyy-clark-mj-rice-jaden-bradley

3 Likes

With the questions still looming on what the future recruiting calendar could look like, I wonder if that’s led schools to cast as wide a net as possible to start with. If they feel like they might have issues getting enough face-time at events they might just be skipping over that 1st look and just using this as a first step. Just a thought on why the increase in contact might be happening

1 Like

Starting to feel like it might be easier to just say which top 100 guys we didn’t reach out to! I was planning on putting together a list of recruits we contacted and watching some highlights just for fun and to pick my own favorites, but that has been made pretty impractical but the sheer number.

3 Likes

I won’t spoil it all but Williford gave some details of what went down today on tonight’s podcast. Numbers of recruits he talked to, how many by text vs call. And a tidbit about an unnamed 2021 recruit.

8 Likes

McKneely hearing from the boss tonight.

3 Likes

Keeping you busy trying to keep up with it

2 Likes
2 Likes