Class of 2022 Recruiting Thread

This is unfortunate IMO. Think mckneeley is a stud. Bird in the hand though.

2 Likes

In another thread, Tu said people are comparing Taine to Tyler Herro. If he plays anything like Herro, weā€™re gonna be fine lol

8 Likes

VT is doing a great job with Jaden Epps. We all are wondering why UVA is not more involved.

1 Like

TU, isnā€™t Epps an offensive PG like the guy from TX? How do you compare their games?

Exactly! We canā€™t have it both ways. We canā€™t desperately need Taine or Trevor and then wring our hands when we get them. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Thought Epps wasnā€™t interested in our style of playā€¦that combined with our focus on 21ā€¦was why we arenā€™t really focusing on too many VA kidsā€¦

We are in un-chartered waters for UVA. With the profile and perception of UVA Basketball rising nationally and internationally, our staff will be more selective. Iā€™m sure we will often wonder why we arenā€™t recruiting quite a few future prospects. However, locally we will continue to have more to overcome. At least a little longer.

3 Likes

J Epps is more like Sean Singletary or Cory Alexander. He has a nice frame and he play with an edge. He is a Norfolk kid. His dad played at Booker T. and his brother at Granby. J Epps is a dawg and he love competing. Donald Hand JR is his nemesis on the court. LOL

I saw Austin a few times in person but this was before his growth spurt. He can really really shoot. He didnt play with that edge like J Epps. His handle is smooth and he go after it on defense. He was getting tu the hoop but settled for long jumpers. Wgen he did reach the rim. He had trouble finishing. I remember saying he is one hand dominant but dont renember which hand. However I didnt think he was a power five prospect at the time. But now im hearing he stretch some bones and he is playing outstanding. He is able tu compete physically now and he is playing with alot of confidence and edge. Again, I have not seen him in a minute. But im hearing he is 6ā€™1 and killing it.

5 Likes

Tu, what are you hearing changed with Keels? You were saying that you were hearing we were leading prior to Murrayā€™s Commitment.

2 Likes

Jayden Epps reminds me of a lot of guards at NC State. I think they are recruiting him heavily too.

2 Likes

I been stop discussing that recruitment. I want tu say in June or July. But, there was a reason why our family was checking out his school and of course his name came up. The people around me said its mainly about getting Trevor the best opportunity tu become a pro. They said its between Duke and UVA. Nothing against UVA but Duke put guys in the NBA. They are on National TV all the time. They have great connections with NBA GM. NBA scouts are always at their facility or games. They practice against proā€™s. Than you have the best college coach ever driving the ship. They believe these things will out weigh all the positives UVA present. But I will say this again. I dont believe anything when it come tu this recruitment. You can ask my people on our thread. I refuse tu discuss this recruitment. I only said something this time because of the people I was around that shared. Go back and check. I always said nobody truly knows and they are intentionally misleading the recruiting community. Thats just my opinion. Remember im not an insider. ITs my opinion. LOL

7 Likes

Yes they are. Watch out for Oklahoma State. Just my opinion.

1 Like

You said it Tu! They are misleading and I think thatā€™s why we started recruiting other guards at about the time Duke became involved. Warley, Longino, Coleman, and Murray. No question CTB really wanted Keels but Heā€™s also prepared.

3 Likes

Coach K is a great Coach. However, If CTB stays in college he will retire as the best evaluator and developmental coach in college history. He may not win as many NCAA titles or have the number of lottery picks but he will be recognized by his peers as such.

4 Likes

Itā€™s often stated that Duke gets guys drafted, which is a true statement even if a lot of them would get drafted no matter where they go. However Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ve ever seen the flip side of that used against Duke. How many 5 stars went to Duke then went undrafted? Duval, Bolden, Thornton, Sulaimon, Paulus, Jeter, Nelsonā€¦I think all of these guys were undrafted 5 stars.

12 Likes

Most of the Duke guys who go to the NBA could have went straight from high school to the pros. I donā€™t think Duke gets much credit for that

3 Likes

Dook *shouldnā€™t get much credit for that but unless youā€™re paying attention the media will mislead you to think that he has actually done any work or development. And then people like the DeLauries, Colemanā€™s, and maybe Keels are going to continue to get fooled.

5 Likes

Exactly right

1 Like

I agree with your first sentence. It seems like Iā€™ve seen several recruits point out how Duke puts guys in the NBA. I donā€™t think Duke deserves much credit for it, but I do think they get it.

3 Likes

I agree for the most part that Dukeā€™s successful 5 stars didnā€™t need Duke to get to where they are today and that they have certainly had some ā€œfailedā€ 5 stars. However, whenever I see people call out Duke and Coach K, I never see mention of Coach Kā€™s teams prior to his one and done days. He used to develop multi-year guys and put them in the pros. Did it throughout the '90s and early 2000s. Thats a proven track record if you ask me.

1 Like