Class of 2022 Recruiting Thread

Does he still have any sort of relationship with UVA or is that chapter closed?

My little little brother was Courtneys sons assistant at Tennessee tech and said his dad was great the whole time. Good to hear cause he was not that way at UVa. Been around him but never met him cause of how he was but man could he ball (the dad). I dont think he has a relationship with Virginia now but LRA is working on that. Be great if @TUGARD could make that connect

4 Likes

He was buddies with Jaleel White, back when he was still a big deal… It was pretty cool seeing “Urkel” on grounds.

3 Likes

Did he come the year you left?

I think 2 years after. Cause I knew all the incoming guys Jamal Mike Powell and Deano

1 Like

Courtney was a first year on the 95-96 team…

1 Like

Why is there a piece of cake next to my name?

7 Likes

1 year anniversary of you creating your account.

6 Likes

Happy cake day!

3 Likes

Hahahahah. Happy cake day. go have a Bud heavy at Durty Nells for us

4 Likes

No shit. Had no idea it’s been a year. Y’all are doing great work.

8 Likes

Time flies when you’re having fun lol

4 Likes

Seeing Murray’s crazy layup tonight in game 4 and thinking of how McKneely’s trainer see some Murray in him, I remember first coming across this tweet when learning more about the prospect.

Of course one layup does not equal pg, but I hope McKneely shows some more of that ball dominant skill to consider McKneely as their 2022 pg prospect if nothing else. Pure pgs are a way of the past (that being said I would also be SUPER happy with Nunez or Dug McDaniel/Epps). He’s even working on that Jamal Murray step back 3 motion and deep bombs

1 Like

Also more tweets on Chris Bunch. I wonder if Tony and crew still have those Compton Magic connections from the Juzang recruitment. Seems like it was going to go very well for us until Kentucky swooped in before the ink dried.

4 Likes

Definitely one of those guys they’ll follow up if the center spot isn’t somehow filled in November.

2 Likes

Yea, he is a good looking player

Is it close to being filled? I thought Reid was the only possibility, and a shrinking one at that.

Yeah I phrased that poorly, meant to reflect that it’s unlikely they’ll sign a center. Barring a surprise turn, I don’t expect Efton to even sign early.

3 Likes