Coach Mox recruiting domination

Solid pick up in Cady. She was committed to Mox at Mizzu St and decided to follow her to uva. Cady was a 5’10 SG in high school averaged 33 and 9 last yr. Comes from a small HS but that part of Mizzu does putnout good athletes and baseball players. She was ranked in the top 20 in the nation in ppg. Started picking up more D1 interest as the yr went along. Most projected she play at the mid major level maybe a lower P5 which is what Virginia is.

She’s not a slam dunk game changer but coud definitely become a reliable piece and potential match up nightmare. Mox had a knack for finding the under the radar athletes instate and making the most of them.

12 Likes

Those basketball twins with a million followers that made big news when NIL first started are in the portal. Would be cool for UVA brand in womens basketball field. Both are double digit scorers but both are also only 5-6 (no idea if thats as short for womens ball as opposed to mens basketball).

4 Likes

They actually are pretty good on the court. It’s the Mountain West though, and would be a decent jump to staring down UL, NCState and ND on a regular basis. Haven’t watched a ton of Fresno ball so tough to say how their style would mesh with Coach Mox’s plan.

5’6 is on the shorter side, but there are guards around that height that thrive.

2 Likes

And as a plus, they could probably explain to UVA how to navigate the whole NIL landscape and show they how to put together a program.

Which sounds silly, except they might have a bigger social media following than all current UVA athletes combined.

Might??? Lol

They are masters at it, and were all over it from the moment NIL came into existence. However, they also posses some qualities that the average athlete does not and as a result have some opportunities that most don’t. I will give Sam Brunelle credit she has also be adept as managing NIL, and will bring a lot of insight to that program and UVA athletics as a whole.

5 Likes

Maybe your mind isn’t in the gutter like mine but the “some qualities” bit is awesome.

No intention to be crude. But they are influencers and fit the look. That helped to build their social media presence long before NIL came around and they were smart enough to parlay that into cash. The part most influencers miss.

4 Likes

Coach Mox’s early returns on the recruiting trail have been awesome

18 Likes

Wow that’s huge news to wake up to. Coach Mox has remade the the Virginia roster in less than a month on the job. Impressive.

13 Likes

Awesome news.

3 Likes

That seems like a heck of a pickup. Did she have a prior relationship with this player?

1 Like
4 Likes

Great question. Wouldn’t be surprised if she tried to recruit her initially. A great building block. Toss in Mir McLean joining for a full season and Sam Brunelle, this is a program that is quickly rebuilding. Love that Coach Mox wasted no time in putting a stamp on things.

10 Likes

Seems like there could be another commit here soon

3 Likes

Maybe McGee or Johnson that @BDragon mentioned above?

2 Likes

I just appreciate the energy the new coaching staff has brought. I know the past few years have been abnormally bleak in almost all ways for the program, but even that aside, the new crew just seems pumped to be here and to rep UVA. It’s refreshing. Like just look at all the UVA swag below!

And Coach Mox is retweeting what all the other UVA teams have accomplished and just already seems like a great part of the community. Regardless of how it goes (and I think it’s going to go well), it’s just so refreshing.

19 Likes

You mean she’s proud to be a Hoo? What a refreshing change!

5 Likes

I would hope (expect?) that the athletic department listened to the criticism of the prior coach and how she failed to rep the program and at least discussed those things with Coach Mox. Hopefully that guidance wasn’t necessary but I would think it wold be something UVa made sure of.

5 Likes

Coach Mox is legit all around and knows what she’s doing. If she locked up McGee or Johnson. This team could be real special real soon.

9 Likes