🏀 🎠 Coaching Carousel 2024

https://x.com/goodmanhoops/status/1771548606303993963?s=46&t=Y9ZJTUudJiFOC0Ajwlmckw

5 Likes

Dusty May to Louisville imminent. All over Twitter this morning.

8 Likes

Seems like a done deal now.

Louisville was like “Tony is at his low point now. So Dusty May makes sense as the guy to finally get us a win vs UVA” lol

3 Likes

I don’t think Dusty May will necessarily be elite, but at minimum he’s a good stabilizer for Louisville.

Seems like a good dude. Coaches well. Should get you into the top 25 regularly with Louisville resources. Pretty good hire for them.

4 Likes

https://x.com/wojespn/status/1771712605893128352?s=46&t=bv9cjw4g0eEZorinzCXyaA

3 Likes

Louisville with the rug pulled out from under them LOL. Very curious to see who they end up with now

5 Likes

Sean Miller? Cronin?

1 Like

I hear Kenny Payne is available. Coach with deep AAU ties that doubled his win total last year.

16 Likes

J Willy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Honestly I was wondering about how May would’ve done at UL anyway. Gonna be important for whoever takes over there to hit the ground running, and May was gonna have a hell of a challenge basically having to replace their entire roster in order to fit his scheme. I actually think someone like Musselman would have an easier time doing that given his comfortability with the transfer portal and NIL.

2 Likes

Exhibit 1m why being in the sec or big (and having football money) will shift who matters in basketball and Olympic sports.

3 Likes

This is HILARIOUS. Literally taken from them at the last second. Louisville staff was even already planning the press conference for tomorrow. HILARIOUS

8 Likes

Damn sucks to be Louisville. Imagine they make a strong run at Sean Miller.

https://x.com/rickbozich/status/1771300513356632499?s=46&t=QEcQXwc1uXfN9zpCH1N00w

Yep. Man. Poor Louisville.

15 Likes

That sucks for them and is pretty hilarious.

That having been said, maybe the rumors were wrong and they actually have someone else to announce? Or, at least, will have someone else to announce by tomorrow morning?

2 Likes

It was canceled

6 Likes

Miller and Beard would be a disaster for Louisville imo.

Both come with a brand of chaos and what Louisville needs is a decent coach, with no drama, who will right the ship. Pitino, Mack, and Payne … all full of off court drama.

Honestly thought Holtmann would’ve been fine for them in that regard. If they wanna take a risky swing, JMU coach Byington could be good. But it’ll be a big step for him.

3 Likes

Sure, but what Louisville wants is to be really good by tomorrow, so they’re swinging for the fences.

4 Likes

Beard would win a ton at Louisville if they can somehow keep him from getting arrested

3 Likes

I feel like Louisville has this false narrative of still being an incredible job but with realignment and NIL, Michigan seems like the better bet especially already being in the Big Ten.

Getting Michigan to the top of the Big Ten in basketball seems like a more achievable task than getting Louisville to the top of the ACC.

5 Likes