Coaching Carousel Thread

14 Likes

i highly doubt they bring in a guy with a history of ncaa sanctions after finally getting rid of miller. interestingly damon is vegas favorite with even odds but he has one winning season in five years at pacific

I didnā€™t notice the parallels between Bennett and Drew until I started thinking about it this morning.

Scott Drewā€™s a year younger than Tony Bennett, so both close in age when they won their first championships. Like Bennett, Drew took over a program from his dad and then went elsewhere to turn around a struggling program. Both took a few years to get going but theyā€™ve both been consistent winners for a while. Both have had some early tournament exits. Both are very open about being guided and driven by their religious beliefs. Drew took over a program reeling from a murder/cheating scandal so he had a lot bigger hole to dig out of than Bennett.

Thereā€™s a lot of differences too and Drew has a hint of slime around him. In no way would I want to trade coaches. I wouldnā€™t trade coaches with any other school.

4 Likes

Brannen at UC is out

UC? Coach? Player?

Coach.

He was suspended last week or so pending investigation. Long gone are the days HuggyBear could get a DUI and keep his job sUCks

I think you can still easily keep your job with a DUI, you just have to be good

3 Likes

Greg McDermott proves this.

tommy lloyd closing the gap according to vegas. gonzaga fans seem to think heā€™s gone and a few accounts have prematurely announced it but damon remains favorite

7 Likes

i believe miles simon is being interviewed tomorrow. currently looks like a four horse race between damon, tommy, miles, and pastner. luke walton denied interest but he could easily realize a soft landing spot would be sensible. musselman looks too cozy at arkansas to take it imo. archie millerā€™s name is actually on the boards too lol (terrible odds but still funny heā€™s on there). jason terry is a decent candidate too if they have trouble with guys higher on the list but thatā€™s obviously unlikely given the quality of the job.

iā€™m guessing theyā€™re getting lloyd. even though heā€™s in line to replace few, the dude could easily keep going another decade+. makes more sense for him to take this job

1 Like

https://arizona.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/4871?c=arizona#

if anyone on here is interested. shooters shoot

13 Likes

Winning does make up for a lot ask Sean Miller

2 Likes

Luke Walton is uhā€¦ not a good coach. At least in my opinion. Hope Arizona knows that.

2 Likes

pretty late with this one but iā€™m very interested in what denzel valentineā€™s brother can do at loyola. youngest hc in the country right now at 29. iā€™ve heard for years heā€™s a super bright dude.

does anyone know who was the youngest menā€™s D1 coach ever? not a trivia question lol iā€™m actually curious. youngest i can find is dane fife getting the purdue fort wayne job at 25.

1 Like

I read somewhere there are 55+ coaching changes currently. Crazy.

Jeff Jones was 28 or 29 when he became our coach. Crazy young

2 Likes

Yeah, I donā€™t know why the Kings would want to get rid of him. Heā€™s a perfect fit for their long-term organizational goals.

Edit - The youngest D1 mensā€™ coach ever, in any sport, was a 25-year old tennis coach and he was a few months younger than Fife. So its probably Fife.

1 Like

This calls for a 2 year old Tony Hinkle comment to see if anyone gets the reference.

4 Likes