Coaching Carousel Thread

Smoke signals.

1 Like

I was checking the mailbox every 24 hours

1 Like

my man.

We were just wondering if Coach Holland was dropping a bag of Tootsie Rolls or Reeseā€™s Cups? I hope you know Iā€™m joking Fresh!

1 Like

KRUTWIG GRAD TRANSFER CHALLENGE

8 Likes

Yes!!

1 Like

All good. always

2 Likes

I totally forgot moser was still out there. Solid pick up for the Sooners.

2 Likes

I could not be happier heā€™s staying in the Midwest. With Beard presumably off the table and Oats with a gigantic buyout, only Drew is left for me to worry about.

1 Like

No reason to worry about Drew at UNC. Heā€™s solid but UNC is going to land a good coach. Heā€™s not someone who is going to challenge Tony for ACC supremacy on a year in and year out basis.

1 Like

I donā€™t get it either. I canā€™t see him taking another college job. Heā€™s already proven he can win a championship with a non-blue blood. He has fans who love him and the style of play and has everything he wants. Why would he want to start over and sell his style to a new fanbase? Whatā€™s the challenge in winning at a place like Carolina? He said the reason he came to Virginia was to compete against the best coaches, Roy, K and Gary Williams, etc. Heā€™s proven he can beat them, what new challenge would going to Carolina represent?

I think his next challenge is the NBA within the next 5 years or if the right opportunity doesnā€™t come along, then heā€™ll coach Virginia until he retires.

2 Likes

Sounds like UNC will hire Hubert Davis. Their BOT has an emergency meeting this afternoon. I literally have no opinion on that hire.

Reports out there that Utah State is hiring Ryan Odom from UMBC to replace Craig Smith who was hired away by Utah.

That should be a funny experience for Marco when they first meet as player and coach.

10 Likes

Huh well that sticks with their trend of staying in-house. I wonā€™t be mad at him if he gets it. I have no clue what it means for the program

I was thinking he was younger than 46.

I hope Hubert does great. Except for 1 or 2 games per year of course

8 Likes

I hope he goes undefeated against duke

8 Likes
3 Likes

Iā€™m still surprised to see they actually got rid of him. Didnā€™t think they had it in them.

Hearing chatter about Tommy Lloyd. Damon Stoudamire, Miles Simon, Jason Terry and Josh Pastner are alums. Iā€™d talk to Mark Pope if I were them.