College Football Transfer Tracking/Recruiting

Yeah, what’s that guy done? Also 7 NFL head coaches 40 or younger.

1 Like

Yea Riley is damn impressive but an outlier lol maybe I’m wrong about Hagans being better than others his age but I don’t think Riley proves anything other than how exceptional Lincoln Riley is

1 Like

Riley is an outlier but a 40 yr old positions coach in a P5 in today’s world is not when there are 32 yr old HCs in the p5 and nfl and a 27 yr old hc running around.

And again I love Hagans but who has he really produced? He’s a solid coach a good recruitier and a good players coach but not a prodigy

2 Likes

Sean McVay is 37 and has been to 2 SBs and won 1. He was hired as a HC when he was 30. OC at 27, which is younger than Taylor Lamb is now. Hell, he was barely older than Stetson Bennett is now.

2 Likes

Yes please, this sounds like a guy we want.

2 Likes

i hear you but if you think about production from the WR position over the past 5-6 years… none of those guys were highly recruited. and i get that in the (old) offense under Anae, dudes were going to get catches, but still, someone has to get credit for developing them.

also he has had chances to leave and become an OC at a power 5 level that he passed on to stay at UVA (SEC and B1G offers 2 years ago). sucks that 1) we didn’t just give him the same chance (couldn’t have been worse than Kitchens), 2) he ended up with a “lateral” (from a position level) move vs. getting to be the OC. but hopefully PSU balls out this year, their OC gets a head coaching job, and he gets promoted to that chair.

• olamide zaccheaus - 2/3 star type kid, great UVA career, still in the NFL and a regular contributor

• Dubois - 3 star WR, became a 1K yr/season WR. had a shot at NFL

• Joe Reed - 2 star WR, played multiple seasons in the NFL

• not to mention Lavel was on a nice trajectory for a mid 3-star (with obvious gifts), Malachi Fields looks to be on that same path, and strong careers from Billy Kemp, Dontayvion Wicks, etc.

4 Likes

Not even a lateral. He was a position coach plus associate head coach at UVa. At state penn he’ll coach the same position but add only regional recruiting coordinator duties. Step down in titles, but step up in football power.

2 Likes

It’s a good move for Hagans, he needed to break out of the UVa mold and prove himself in another pond. Similar to Poindexter, no matter how great Hagans was at UVa he was never going to get the shine he deserved which is understandable on a .500 team on a mid conference. Now he can prove himself on a bigger stage and hopefully he’ll find his footing quickly.

3 Likes
8 Likes

Solid pick up 3 star guy outta Marietta Ga. Would have played with and against some greay athletes a s judging by some of his accomplishments in track he’s certainly an athlete himself. Could end up being a load roaming the secondary at safety at 6’2

4 Likes

Solid landing spot for Jackson. Happy for him.

4 Likes

Not sure where to put this - Ronde Barber to the Hall of Fame!

Edit: Originally typed that too fast. Oops.

12 Likes

Even better if it’s Ronde Barber!

5 Likes

Well deserved. Always felt he was underappreciated as a player

3 Likes