College Football Transfer Tracking/Recruiting

I imagine Penn State is about to clean up even more with recruiting Virginia and we are going to see some more UVA transfer outs

8 Likes

Kihei coming back to save UVA from itā€™s football program. Just as the fates intended.

8 Likes

Devilā€™s advocate I donā€™t think Virginia has been in PSUā€™s recruiting league in almost 20 years so the impact wonā€™t be as severe.

Also donā€™t think thereā€™s anyone else to transfer out to follow Hagans.

7 Likes

Well, yeah. I mean, is there anyone left to follow him?

2 Likes

Position wise I think the WR room is about empty. Same with the QB room in terms of guys who would actually leave.

2 Likes

In what world do you see 5 wins on that schedule? W&M is the only sure thing. Then weā€™re probably small favorites over GT, JMU and VT.

Basically to hit over 4.5 weā€™d need to be perfect in the games we should win and also pull off an upset, likely on the road.

2 Likes

I would not count on being favored over JMU

7 Likes

If I am a bookie and you still have marks taking the UVA side in the Tech game then I take your bet and ROTFF afterwards.

2 Likes

Iā€™d only take the over just for the action of it and the to give me something to look forward to. I donā€™t think itā€™s likely. But I read it just as you did 4 games as a fav and then pray for 1 fluke. Thatā€™s all I need for a good time on an O/U. I also would never place an O/U this early in the year unless I had a strong hunch on something and I 100% do not with UVa football I know less about this team than I did last years.

1 Like

Yeah, I see JMU circling that game on their calendar.

2 Likes

Yup, I know a lot of people love these instate games, as a coach I hate them. I see 0 upside in playing JMU, and would not be surprised if thatā€™s a loss.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve seen a few way too early top 25 rankings that have JMU either in or right outside of them. As someone who follows them pretty closely they are a very well coached team who cultivated a surprising amount of talent while still at the FCS level. We should expect that game to be a fight at best, and a loss at worst.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not counting on being favored, but thatā€™s one of the close ones that we could/should win.

1 Like

JMU prepared and made the jump about as cleanly as any program Iā€™ve seen. They were built to be in D1 and from what I saw on the roster last year they were loaded enough to last.

1 Like

Theyā€™ve hit the transfer portal hard over the past 4-5 years and have been able to land a good amount of leftover P-5 players, bunch of guys who were talented but looking for a more clear path to playing time.

Also wanted to add that I completely understand Hagansā€™s decision to leave, but man thatā€™s a big loss. He was a great eye for talent and developed some of the most productive WRā€™s in our programā€™s history. Losing any of Fields, Wilson, or Twitty would really hurt our WR room.

4 Likes

I wouldnā€™t bet that game, not a chance in hell. But as weā€™re speaking today, theyā€™re bad, weā€™re bad and weā€™re at home, so I think weā€™d go off as slight favorites. Lots will change between now and Thanksgiving though.

3 Likes

How ironic would it be if HC Mike London came into Scott and beat us?

7 Likes

Hagans is older than Lincoln Riley.

1 Like

Elliott should say F it and hire Dre Bly.

Whatā€™s Lincoln riley ever accomplished?

Kenny Dillingham ASU
Dan Lanning Oregon
Matt Cambell
PJ Fleck

All p5. Hcs in their 30s

Hagans is 40