College Player’s association recommends another year of eligibility

Mamadi for year 6???

5 Likes

That’s an interesting proposal. Sadly dont think its good business for Mamadi to stick around another year

3 Likes

Would freshman and incoming players not be able to come? What would happen? So many variables

2 Likes

Great question I assume they have to lift the scholarship limit which opens up more of a pandoras box

2 Likes

That would be nuts… would likely see tons of redshirs

2 Likes

They’d just waive scholarship limits for a year. In theory we’d have say 15. Though I’m sure Mamadi would pursue professional options. No idea about Braxton, maybe he’d want to work on his Masters

4 Likes

Just throwing this out there too, so when’s the NBA draft going to be?

1 Like

Hopefully still June 20 as scheduled. That’s still 2 months away

Agree imagine they could still gwt in combine and workouts from mid-may on. Talking 15 or 20 weeks between now and the draft plenty of time

1 Like

Are the owners going to be cool with not making up games, so the finals can finish before June 20?

1 Like

Also Swofford just said that there are more cases in the NBA than have been released. That’s what led to the rapid shutdown this morning.

1 Like

They aren’t going to be cool about it but not sure how much they can do about. Those TV slots are already allocated and the buildings are already sold for other events. Would take some finagling of the schedule to make it possible.

ACC suspends all sports and sport related activities

2 Likes

It sounds like a very annoying thing to work out between players, owners, tv rights, arenas, and insurance companies.

2 Likes

Totally agree, it’s going to be a nightmare to try to figure all that out. Not to mention if the Players Association gets involved. Tons of red tape.

1 Like

I just read they said 58 nba players have been tested

Incorrect. 58 people (staff, players, personnel) that were at the Jazz vs Thunder game last night. Many other nba players have been tested too

2 Likes

would this mean everyone gets another year…so kihei still has 3 years left?

5 Likes

Hmmmmmmm

We already knew but now it’s official

1 Like