⛹ Dai Dai Ames - Official Thread

40 Likes

It’s official.

https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/status/1790756913832989106

22 Likes

Wow first pickup that old marble mouth approves of:

https://x.com/goodmanhoops/status/1790759703594914157?s=46&t=uWWx_Dkz2XN_W22Ad1tnww

17 Likes

Ladies and gentlemen…
wegothim

12 Likes

Raw amount of talent on the roster is up. Now just see who sticks! That’s the way to do it nowadays

8 Likes

Time for the important stuff: breaking down the Garwey Dual-Dai Dai scuffle (a Dual, if you will):

https://x.com/thecomeback/status/1725694680724120043?s=46&t=wAzMZR-0PRGT1LpN6U5x0g

My takeaways:

1. I think Dai Dai’s contact was accidental? He was looking to push off to create space, but maybe accidentally got too high with his hand? Edit: second viewing makes me think it was indeed a sneaky jab.
  2. Solid chin. Or maybe Dual’s punching is as accurate as his jump shooting.
  3. That one Providence staffer (edit: HC Kim English!) got around Dai Dai with some quickness…good deescalation technique. I also appreciated how he was waving a KState staffer over to him, like he knew there was the potential that wrapping up an opposing player could escalate things and was looking to transfer responsibility as quickly as possible.
15 Likes

Welcome!

Like this pick up quite a bit.

5 Likes

Dai Dai got his shot in on the sneak and smartly looked to nowhere after

I baited Huberst Davis into a T very similarly once.

34 Likes

I think that’s Kim English

2 Likes

hm, he was ejected from at least two games last year. not sure what to make of that.

1 Like

The other one was a hard/very physical foul at Texas.

Although Kadin Shedrick was mauled worse at UVa without a foul call on any of them.

3 Likes

More of a four pillars guy.

23 Likes

My toddler also flails to the ground when experiencing the most basic of incidental contact, but she doesn’t ever seem to think the world is out to get her.

#shotsfired #hitbambie

4 Likes

Fair enough. He whined a lot. But also took about 12 elbows to the noggin.

1 Like

Highlight vids show very good handle and hesitation move. Can finish with strength. Not a high flyer, average athlete. Seems like he can give us some Franklin-level help and grit/fight which we need more than anything at the guard position. Nice addition.

4 Likes

I don’t have a problem bringing in a guy who plays with some edge. We know TB won’t let things get out of hand here.

5 Likes

Moving away from fight-analytics, here’s his transfer tape for easy reference:

5 Likes

Skills will hopefully be complementary to Bliss and iMac. Not sure how he fits with Warley, but Warley is a one year guy. Not sure how he fits with Elijah, but probably fine, and Elijah’s status is a question mark (at least for me, and at least for now).

3 Likes

This is the pick up where we look back in 5-10 years and go “yeah, Tony wasn’t fucking around”

This dude is antithetical to what we’ve been doing on offense in recent years and he’s a non-traditional “UVA guy”

For him to be bought in implies a lot of positive trajectory for the program regardless of whether he hits his ceiling

12 Likes
29 Likes