⛹ Dai Dai Ames - Official Thread

Yeah I was initially sort of opposed to the pick up because of some efficiency and metrics stuff, but I’ve come around pretty hard. We need a guy like this, not a typical Tony guy at all and something we have been missing since Kihei but really even more since Ty and Kyle. My proprietary advanced metric, DAWG, has him rated pretty highly.

19 Likes

I love it. We desperately need some mother fuckers on this team, and Dai Dai brings that edge. A choir boy, he ain’t.

20 Likes

I think you guys are underselling how much he fits with TB’s “traditional style of play”. Dai Dai was in the 3rd percentile on transition points/posession.

12 Likes

As an adjective, this is so much >>> than dawg

7 Likes

I just watched Ames’ highlight video for the first time and came away with 2 initial observations: 1. The guy is very quick and shifty. 2. I love his shot mechanics - not a lot of moving parts. Very compact and release is quick. I think this bodes well for improved numbers once he settles in.

6 Likes

You a reg way weirdO or weird owl?

Just for my referance

And agree on your quick assess of Dai Dai

Moves with a purpose with the ball

5 Likes

I joined the week of the Perry saga but have been a long - time lurker. Also, have been following the Hoos basketball team for about 54 years.

20 Likes

Thats awesome. Love the dudes that even seen most all of it

5 Likes

Chk ur dm sir

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/CoachWillyUVA/status/1790807647274332348

15 Likes
3 Likes

Thanks Fresh…

2 Likes

Yo I’m so excited

3 Likes

Didnt get anything

1 Like
8 Likes

When’s the last time Tony had a guy on the roster who got into a fight on the playground. I LOVE THIS ADDITTION. Toughness that can go get a bucket or get to the free throw line…
I feel the staff deserves an A-/b+ for portal recruiting in 24. Dai Dai didn’t come to UVA to run 30 seconds of sides to take a mid range jump shot… This tells me Tony is serious about changing things offensively… kudos to staff…Its impressive that Coach O seems to always be in the mix with recruits!!! Hope hes one that we can keep.

9 Likes

Posted this elsewhere, but now can post it here too for reference (and in slightly easier to look at format probably) - Dai Dai’s game logs from Big12 regular season through end of the season. Saved his best game by far for last - hopefully he likes excelling in post-season tournaments!

2 Likes

Dai Dai did post his Tipton up on IG

https://www.instagram.com/p/C7AGryPu0qv/

19 Likes

@me all you want, that edit is the coolest one I’ve seen. Only partially biased.

8 Likes