Deteriorating Twitter Thread about unimportant Mumbo jumbo … formerly known as Actual Fall Recruiting thread

Some misinformation in this thread haha I think some of you are confusing being verified on twitter (blue check mark) with the twitter blue plan…a 4.99/mo service open to everyone which gives you some extra options, none of which are very clear and I assume is a flop.

Also Musk has talked about charging the $8/mo to verified users but it’s still not open to everyone, just those that meet whatever the new standards would be.

And yeah we’re way off topic haha Northwestern was in for Carr again too. The third time for Chris Collins since Fall recruiting opened. I keep mentioning it but people are underestimating their chances. Everybody’s just making their final pitch. UVA did by Zoom instead.

6 Likes

Relevant quotes: "Elon Musk, less than a week into his ownership of Twitter, announced that the price of Twitter Blue will increase to $8 per month — and will be the only way to achieve verification on the platform.

“Twitter’s current lords & peasants system for who has or doesn’t have a blue checkmark is bullshit,” Musk tweeted Tuesday. “Power to the people! Blue for $8/month.”

I think that’s either sarcasm or basically saying he’d like to do away with verified accounts because that would be the result of opening it up to everyone. And that may be the case. As I said, there’s stigma attached to it as is.

1 Like

All of this does beg the question, or questions (at least, in my mind): If Tipton, and others like him, were/are qualified to receive a blue check when it was free and didn’t have it, why would they now pay for it? Or, since a fee is now involved, is it going to be easier to qualify as a “verified user”?

Dude just needs to redirect any attention from all the other issues going on with him. Simple as that and appealing to his online contrarian fan boys and what not. Only 300,000 blue check marks on twitter x $8 = a drop in the ocean to the the cost of acquisition.

It is interesting that following his recent visits he follows like 9 people in the UVA program, only the Tennessee assistant, and no one from Louisville.

8 Likes

Easier trips for KSU and Northwestern. No way CTB is going halfway across the country 4 days before the first game lol

4 Likes

They are not worried about kids. It’s the broad propaganda operations they are concerned about.

1 Like

Didnt say anything about kids. They’d be glad to pay to gain legitimacy, makes trolls and scams a lot easier to work.

1 Like

“actual Fall Recruiting thread”

So Much For That GIF by SVU

7 Likes

Verified

Singer Rapper GIF by BRAINFLU

3 Likes