Dragon's 2021 College Football Picks Week 10

So um… I went 1-7 last week and now I’m 23-35 overall. I should probably save myself the time this week and just let my 17month old daughter pick the games for me because clearly I have no idea what I’m doing. And like the gluten I am here I am to double down and get it all back this week.

Va. Tech -2.5 vs. Boston College
This has classic Fuentes written all over. Everyone is calling for his head and this is where he somehow sews it all together for the rest of the year. Va. Tech -2.5

Wake Forest +2.5 vs. UNC
Jumping on the Wake Forest bandwagon which means it’s time for the wheels to fall off. UNC proved they have some life left in them last week. But I like this Wake Forest team. Now put them in the CFP. Wake +2.5

UGA vs. Missouri Under 60.5
I can see Mizzu getting shut out in this game. Even if they do score, there’s no way they put up enough points to drive the score up. The Dawgs will be in coast mode on offense by the start of the third, and the defense will be hunting a shut out so I like the under 60.5

Michigan St. -3 vs. Purdue
This is prime time for Michigan St to remember what Sparty does best and that’s drop a letdown game but I think under Mel Tucker and a roster that had 40% turnover Sparty is heading in a new direction. Purdue already played spoiler to one B1G team knocking off undefeated Iowa a few weeks ago no way they pull the repeat. Michigan St. -3

Oregon -7 vs. Washington
The Huskies have played well this season, but outside of Cristabol having a brain fart of clock management against Stanford the Ducks have been stout all year and are holding the banner for the Pac 12. Oregon -7

Utah St. vs. New Mexico St. Under 72
72 is a lot of points and Utah State tends to control the tempo with their offense, and they should have enough defense to force New Mexico St. to put a few times. Under 72

Tennessee -1 vs. UK:
The line here opened with UK as a 5 point favorite but the money came in hard the other way as people caught up to the work UT has put in this season. They are slowly building in Rocky Top. Meanwhile UK has hit the point of the season where their offense goes into hibernation for the winter. Tennessee -1.

Clemson -4 vs. Louisville
Last week Clemson created the bad beat of the year (until SMU Houston 3 hours later) when they scored a meaningless TD to wrap up the game against FSU. More importantly they finally moved the ball on the ground and looked like a semi-competent offense. Louisville is a program that is not taking the strides that I expected them to. If I was a UofL fan I’d be calling for Satterfield’s job louder than I complain about Bronco. Clemson keeps chugging Clemson -4

Hawaii +7.5 vs. San Diego St.
Gotta chase that late night money. More realistically SDSU lost their first game of the season last week and now they are on the ultimate road trip. I can see them struggling. Plus SDSU’s best player is a punter come on. Hawaii +7.5

3 Likes

Knock on wood VT looks horrible tonight

4 Likes

I just tuned in to see them casually running the ball down 14 with 5 minutes left, then punt on 4th and 6. Completely capitulated. VT fans have to be furious.

7 Likes

Well i know nothing about football. But the hokies lost so I’ll take that as a win.

7 Likes

After last night, VT has officially transitioned to a basketball school :crazy_face:

7 Likes

UGA doing their typical toy with a team before stepping on them.

1 Like

Wake UNC gonna be a good one

3 Likes

If I’m either team’s punter, I would have booked a trip to Cabo and taken a second bye week.

4 Likes

yeah man this is a fun game. And I don’t know what’s gotten into Duke.

2 Likes

I slept on that Duke score. But this is looking more like a Pitt game I’d expect to see

I have a feeling that we’ll see Wake-Cincy matched up in a NY6 bowl if both remain undefeated. Which is a shame and will be a coward move.

2 Likes

I just said the same thing. Wake UC us gonna make a good orange bowl

Wakes offense is fun to watch… damn that feels weird to write

1 Like

I can’t wait to be mad that Wake Forest, of all teams, doesn’t make the playoff.

2 Likes

I’m all for it and will be the first in line lobbing for Wake

1 Like

How does the Big 10 have 6 ranked teams? Their OOC wins as a conference aren’t great and their top teams continually lose to bottom feeders in conference.

1 Like

Some of it has to do with preseason ranking PSU Iowa ans Michigan all got over valued and had a lot further to fall. As a conference the B1G just beats each other up and OSU skates. My least favorite conference to bet

1 Like

I didn’t think I could hate UNC more but if they win this game I might catch a case

2 Likes

I hate football

2 Likes

The defenses in this game were really really bad and still somehow significantly better than the dogshit we trot out there

2 Likes